Tooltips with different font size

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Galizza

Tooltips with different font size

Post by *Galizza »

Hi, Tc button bar tooltip font size is Ok, but Synchronize directories & Compare contents buttons tooltips font are very small, i'd like to suggest to increase this font size or at least configurable by user, thank you.
Total 10.51 32bits
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Tooltips with different font size

Post by *petermad »

2Galizza
The reason why you have bigger size tooltip for must be that you have manually set this option in your wincmd.ini: FontSizeTip
history.txt wrote:02.03.12 Added: Change font for tooltips separately: wincmd.ini, resolution-specific section, FontNameTip, FontCharsetTip, FontSizeTip and FontWeightTip (TC uses the dialog box settings if these are not present) (32/64).
Apparently these settings only apply to TC's Main window (Filelist and buttons in buttonbar and drivebar)

But I agree that this setting should also apply to tooltips in dialog boxes like Synchronize Directories, Compare Contents and Multi Rename Tool.

So support for making FontNameTip, FontCharsetTip, FontSizeTip and FontWeightTip work all over TC, and preferably also make these options HintForeground, HintBackground and HintBorder work all over TC.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tooltips with different font size

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The tooltips in the dialogs are standard Delphi/Lazarus tooltips. It would take a lot of time and effort to change them all to custom tooltips. I will add it to my wish list.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com