TC not archiving DCIM folder

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

anmac1789

TC not archiving DCIM folder

Post by *anmac1789 »

Hello, I am trying to make a zip file of my DCIM folder within android and set the destination to a folder in a flash drive which is connected to the phone with OTG adapter. But, total commander isnt alloeing me to makr a zip archive. My phone is a galaxy s8 and Im using paragons exFAT/NTFS for android to mount the flash drive because the USB is formatted with NTFS. What can I do and why s this happening ? Thanks !!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TC not archiving DCIM folder

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You can't pack directly to a plugin, you will have to pack locally and then copy the zip to paragon. Or just copy the images one by one, they are almost incompressible anyway unless they are RAW images.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
anmac1789

Post by *anmac1789 »

what if my flash drive is formatted as exFAT ? the reason i stated earlier for NTFS is because NTFS preserves date and time stamps for pics and videos (date created, date modified, date accessed)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It depends on your phone. For example, Samsung phones can access exFAT formatted drives natively, so you can access them directly with Total Commander and don't need any plugins.
the reason i stated earlier for NTFS is because NTFS preserves date and time stamps
Why does this matter when you pack the pictures into ZIP?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
anmac1789

Post by *anmac1789 »

It matters because Ive tested USB's formatted as NTFS vs. ExFAT and Zip files dont preserve the date and time attributes when the ZIP (or in my galaxy s8 case, 7zip) file is unzipped within android or within the USB or the ZIP file moved to C drive then unzipped. It depends on the format of the USB drive