[TC 10.52] tabs bar scroll buttons color

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

white
Power Member
Power Member

[TC 10.52] tabs bar scroll buttons color

Post by *white »

See this Animated gif
What it shows:
* First in normal mode (not dark) I hover the tabs bar scroll buttons, they become bluish when I hover over them. Then I click them a few times.
* I switch to dark mode using command cm_SwitchDarkmode on TC's command line. The mouse cursor is not over the buttons when I do this.
* Now the buttons don't change when I hover over them, but turn white when I click them. When I move the mouse cursor away from the 2 buttons the white color goes away after a short time.
* I switch back to normal mode using command cm_SwitchDarkmode on TC's command line.
* I put the mouse cursor over one of the buttons and I switch to dark mode using command cm_SwitchDarkmode on TC's command line. Now the button becomes white when I move away from the button. Then I click a button and move the mouse away and the white color is gone again.

This is done with Windows 11 Pro. When I test it on Windows Sandbox, which is actually Windows 11 Enterprise, the buttons don't change color and remain black at all times.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [TC 10.52] tabs bar scroll buttons color

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

They are drawn manually, and it would take 100s of hours to get all such mall glitches out. I think I should use that time for more important things which do affect people in every day use, not for trying to fix such constructed problems, sorry.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Okay, but can you tell me how it is supposed to work? Should the color of the buttons change in dark mode? If so, when and in what color?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, they don't change when only hovering with the mouse.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

And when you click it? Is the clicked button supposed to turn white and stay white for as long as you are hovering the two buttons?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

What you see is the original non-dark button drawn by Windows itself. TC tries to overdraw it with the dark variant, but this doesn't seem to work when clicking.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

I see. It does work correctly when I try it on a virtual Windows 10 Enterprise system and on a virtual Windows 11 Enterprise system. Do you think it is a Windows bug or a graphics driver bug?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

It could be the speed of the driver - if windows draws the button first and TC last, then you get the dark button, otherwise the default light button.