The reason i quit using Total Commander

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jamesll

The reason i quit using Total Commander

Post by *jamesll »

Hi my name is James, and i first started using TC about 6 (six) years ago.
I found it useful and fast in my daily tasks.
However until recently i watched a video and i didn't noticed until i watched again, i guess i was so used to total commander that i first skipped the observation part or better say distinguish the differences.
At first nothing new and i said well look there is another PE using total commander and i smiled.
https://ibb-disabled.co/kJw5H3Q
Then again i saw this and nothing out of ordinary at the first view. Except that Total Commander never looked so gorgeously like in the video.
https://ibb-disabled.co/cg01vC4

Now at second rewatch i watched closely and i saw something new, as something that i totally miss in the first view.
The Total Commander was Not at all Total Commander but DOUBLE Commander !
I felt ashamed of myself as i am a very experienced user and i deal with shares and i always have to be careful to observe things rapidly.
What confused me was the floppy disk icon on first screenshot as is the same as total commander and most probably that started the confusion, as i asked myself how the heck total commander looked so good in the second screenshot.
Still as a programmer i felt that i had to knew more about this intrigue discovery and after some research i found doublecmd on github, i cloned the sources and made myself a exec with additional stuff.
Amazing i might say.
I search even more and found out that double commander has started as a clone of total commander the same way as amd being clone of intel.
But now total commander has the same fate as intel as amd and double commander are way better than originals.
The clones won the war !

Now returning to the matter of quit using total commander, well it was because of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch-disabled?v=4XnB8tT0mgE
Now you watch it and tell that you think you knew that that was nothing else than total commander !

And to resume i compared at extreme both the commander such as total and double, and in my personal opinion i found total to have lost and double to be more functional and has the best ever looking scale for 4k resolutions on 4 monitors.
In short words double commander is just gorgeous on 4k, powerful has even an internal editor and very good viewer internal as well, extensions support and it feels so good using it.

Last this it might upset some total commander users, i would expect that, but such as myself now being an ex user of total i can only tell that total commander has lost his touch like forever.

Moderator added the text "-disabled" to the URLs and disabled autom. URL parsing to prevent users from mistake.
Hacker

Re: The reason i quit using Total Commander

Post by *Hacker »

jamesll,
Enjoy using the tools you like most! 8)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

jamesll wrote: 2022-11-24, 20:52 UTCI felt ashamed of myself as i am a very experienced user

Except that Total Commander never looked so gorgeously like in the video.

amd and double commander are way better than originals.

Now returning to the matter of quit using total commander, well it was because of this video

and in my personal opinion i found total to have lost and double to be more functional
:mrgreen:
Hacker wrote: 2022-11-24, 22:25 UTC Enjoy using the tools you like most! 8)
The subtext is this: keep erring in your unfounded conclusions further, and we will somehow survive this. Good luck! :D
Overquoting is evil! 👎
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Moderator message from: white » 2022-11-25, 01:01 UTC

Please be aware that topic starter is a spammer.