Move to ftp not delete source?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hurdet
Power Member
Power Member

Move to ftp not delete source?

Post by *Hurdet »

Move file to ftp or webdav not delete local source?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is currently not supported because it would be quite risky. For example, if you send a file using the wrong mode (binary as text), the target could be unusable and the source would be gone.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hurdet
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Hurdet »

Do it is possible a option in wincmd.ini in future for a conscious use of an expert?
Hurdet
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Move to ftp not delete source?

Post by *Hurdet »

Do it is possible to mitigate the risky moving the file to recyble bin instead of delete it, with a option?
hi5
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Move to ftp not delete source?

Post by *hi5 »

@hurdet I'm guessing this will not be implemented so perhaps an alternative (untested)

Whenever I do FTP I start a new instance of TC with a different ini just for FTP, that way I can setup my server panels with background colors and other preferences (like different icons, button bar etc) that way FTP is good to distinguish from "normal" TC.

You could create a usercmd that copies + delete and replace F6 to use the usercmd, you can combine various commands by separating them via a comma, so you get cm_copy,cm_delete - you may need to copy selected file names + select files from clipboard in there as well.

By doing this in a TC with a different INI you won't mess up your "normal" F6, the above can of course be used if you assign the usercmd to a button or another shortcut e.g. not F6 but then you would have to remember to use the button/other shortcut
F4MiniMenu (Forum) - Open selected file(s) from TC in defined editor(s) - A (minimalistic) clone of F4Menu
Source at GitHub (AutoHotkey). TCSyncComments (copy file comments)