Syncronize dirs

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sscireca

Syncronize dirs

Post by *sscireca »

When I try to find a folder ... and press the concerned button ..
ONLY Desktop folder is shown ...Image: https://imgur.com/a/NCH4GO9
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Syncronize dirs

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

Have you tried srolling down?
Hoecker sie sind raus!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2sscireca

Which folder is shown in the field to the left of the [>>] button? Or- which folder was opened in the left file panel, just before you opened the Sync tool?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
sscireca

Post by *sscireca »

ONLY the "Desktop" ... I've show you in the image.

It's impossible to select any other folder.
It is only possible to navigate to folders on the desktop
sscireca

Post by *sscireca »

Sir_SiLvA wrote: 2022-12-01, 18:51 UTC Have you tried srolling down?
Yes, obviously !
It is only possible to navigate to folders on the desktop
sscireca

Post by *sscireca »

In any disk or any device .... only the Desktop folder opens
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2sscireca

To rule out that it is caused by some corrupt setting of TC, could you please run this from TC's command line (can be opened with Shift+ArrowLeft if not visible):

Code: Select all

%COMMANDER_EXE% /i=%TEMP%\test.ini
This will start a new session of TC with default settings - see if you can still reproduce the problem in this session.
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is a system dialog which is part of Windows. I don't have any control of what it shows.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
sscireca

Post by *sscireca »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2022-12-05, 11:21 UTC This is a system dialog which is part of Windows. I don't have any control of what it shows.
In previous versions that button allowed you to open a dialog box that allowed you to navigate to all folders on the system ...
Now it only allows you to navigate to the DESKTOP folder.

This problem has arisen with this new version.

At least this is how it happened to me.
sscireca

Post by *sscireca »

petermad wrote: 2022-12-04, 01:37 UTC 2sscireca

To rule out that it is caused by some corrupt setting of TC, could you please run this from TC's command line (can be opened with Shift+ArrowLeft if not visible):

Code: Select all

%COMMANDER_EXE% /i=%TEMP%\test.ini
This will start a new session of TC with default settings - see if you can still reproduce the problem in this session.
No, ... no "corrupt settings" ...
the same result .... see image ... Image: https://imgur.com/a/mO7nYhO
sscireca

Post by *sscireca »

Just to provide all the information

TC runs on Windows 11 Pro 22h2 with all updates released
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Please do the following: Open TC's search dialog and press the ">>" button in it to open the same "Select directory" dialog. Does it work there? You could also try in the 32-bit version of TC.

If it doesn't work in TC at all, I suggest to download Explorer++ (version 1.3.5 is sufficient, no need to grab the development build) and unpack it to a directory of your choice. Run it, press Ctrl+F to open its search feature, and then press the folder button in that dialog to open the same "Select directory" dialog as in TC. Open the search dialog after navigating to each drive letter available. Please post what happens.

A little bit of background information: I'm guessing there's something wrong with your system, maybe some group policy is set that prevents this dialog from selecting anything other than Desktop. By testing a different program, we can find out if this is a theory worth pursuing further (and also find out if TC is at fault).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
sscireca

Post by *sscireca »

Dalai wrote: 2022-12-05, 22:39 UTC Please do the following: Open TC's search dialog and press the ">>" button in it to open the same "Select directory" dialog. Does it work there? You could also try in the 32-bit version of TC.

If it doesn't work in TC at all, I suggest to download Explorer++ (version 1.3.5 is sufficient, no need to grab the development build) and unpack it to a directory of your choice. Run it, press Ctrl+F to open its search feature, and then press the folder button in that dialog to open the same "Select directory" dialog as in TC. Open the search dialog after navigating to each drive letter available. Please post what happens.

A little bit of background information: I'm guessing there's something wrong with your system, maybe some group policy is set that prevents this dialog from selecting anything other than Desktop. By testing a different program, we can find out if this is a theory worth pursuing further (and also find out if TC is at fault).

Regards
Dalai
Many thanks for your reply.
No, every other applications in my system works perfectly .... and it's possible to navigate in any other folder by "Select directory" in the dialog windows ... the dialog windows shows ALL MY DIRS
ONLY IN THIS CASE it's impossibile to navigate ... in fact it shows ONLY Desktop Dir ... and its subdirs
See this image Image: https://imgur.com/a/mO7nYhO
it almost looks like it is set to show only the Desktop Dir
Using the field next to the ">>" button ... I can navigate between the various dirs .... but it is not normal ...
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Well, then the only thing I can think of is to go back to older TC versions until you find one that works. Maybe some flag to the function calling this dialog got added in some TC version by accident... However, that still doesn't explain why it works for other users (incuding myself, but I use Win7, so....).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2sscireca
No, every other applications in my system works perfectly .... and it's possible to navigate in any other folder by "Select directory" in the dialog windows
I am not sure what you mean - does it work for you from TC's "Find Files" (Alt+F7) dialog, when you press the [>>] button to the left of the [Drives] button?
Last edited by petermad on 2022-12-07, 00:12 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
License #524 (1994)