Directory Filter not releasing

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

c2walter

Directory Filter not releasing

Post by *c2walter »

Hello,

Using the "Show->Custom" menu option I placed a filter on one of the panes in TC.

After I was finished, I pressed Ctrl-F12 to clear the filter and the filter was gone. I then closed the app using Alt-F4.

Now, if I bring up TC I see that the filter is still in place. I have tried Ctrl-F10 or Ctrl-F12 and removed the filter but I periodiclly still see it in effect.

AmI doing something wrong to remove this filter?

Thank you.

Charly
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Directory Filter not releasing

Post by *petermad »

The filter is always saved for future use.

If you want to clear the filter press Ctrl+F12, delete what is in the field under "Enter file types (e.g. *doc *.txt)".

I recommend using Ctrl+F10 to show All files after having used the custom filter instead of clearing the filter.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
c2walter

Post by *c2walter »

Sorry but I do not follow.

>> The filter is always saved for future use.
I understand and see the need for this but in this case I do not want it to remain which is why I want to remove it

>> If you want to clear the filter press Ctrl+F12, delete what is in the field under "Enter file types (e.g. *doc *.txt)".
I did exactly that but the filter remains when I access that directory again.

However, it appears that just deleting the entry and hitting enter is not enough. I actually entered "*.*" and that seemed to do the trick.

I have been using TC for a very long time (since WC) and I don't recall this behavior. My previous experience was that if you cleared the entry, it would default to "*.*"

Thanks for the reply.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Well. here by me it is still enough to just delete the field and press Enter or the OK button (not Escape). then TC automatically sets it to *.*.

BTW you don't have to set it to *.* - a single * is just as good.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar