Tree problems

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Tree problems

Post by *petermad »

If your intention is to see only files, you can tell TC to show only files: Menu Show > Custom > button "Define..." which opens a TC search window. There take a closer look at the "Advanced" tab, specifically the Attributes. To see only files, deselect "Directory", and to see only directories select "Directory". Save the search and then select that search once you're back in the selection window. Now you can use Show > Custom whenever you need to show only files or only directories. Note that you need to switch back to "All files" (Ctrl+F10) if you need to see all.
You can also press Ctrl+F12 and enter: *|*\
Or make a button with this command: cd *|*\
Or use the option"Filter" -> "Hide All Folders (Show Only Files)" in my Extended Menus (Skjul alle mapper (vis kun filer)).

4) Will Petermad's extra menu items help me with this kind of settings?
Not with those particular settings.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Kalle

Post by *Kalle »

petermad wrote: 2023-01-17, 15:48 UTC Just start up in a subdir to C:\ then the C: partition will be expanded.
Godaften Peter

The expansion is gone and I don't rember how I made it expand :oops: please give me a hint.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Kalle
The expansion is gone
Do you mean when you startup TC?
What is you setting for Options -> Operation -> Save on exit? - is Directories enabled here, because if it is, then TC will start in the directories you were in, when you locked down TC the last time - and if that happened to be c:\ in the left , then you won't get any expansion.

Also notice that "Just start up in a subdir to C:\ then the C: partition will be expanded." only applies to the Separate tree, not to the file panel tree.

Just my tree cents - If you permanetly use the file panel tree (Ctrl+F8) in the left panel, then you could just as well use Explorer, you don't really take advantage of atwo file panel manager like TC that way.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Kalle

Post by *Kalle »

petermad wrote: 2023-01-21, 00:04 UTC Also notice that "Just start up in a subdir to C:\ then the C: partition will be expanded." only applies to the Separate tree, not to the file panel tree.
Yes, now I understand that absolutely nothing can be seperately configured in the TC file panel tree, so that was the reason.
petermad wrote: 2023-01-21, 00:04 UTC Just my tree cents - If you permanetly use the file panel tree (Ctrl+F8) in the left panel, then you could just as well use Explorer, you don't really take advantage of atwo file panel manager like TC that way.
Well, there is probably just as many ways to use a file manager, as there is people who do file management. I use it the way I find is the most confortable and fast for me. I have no buttons and only very rare use search. I only use the menu and the context and that is why a 32bit XYplorer on a 64bit Windows is useless for me. I use adjusted configuration on most folders to adapt to the content, this makes it so easy to work with many files.
So the missing "file before folders" would be a great miss for me, and hiding the folders do not help on that. I don't remember having seen other file managers without this function (except for the useless M$ one).
I have still not tested how to get different file sorting and custom colums in different folders, but I trust it is possible.
Also, Petermad's translation is very thorough and correct, a pleasure to use.
So all in all, to me TC is the perfect 64bit replacement for XYplorer, except for the "file before folders" thing.
I wonder if the developer would be so kind to implement this little feature in the next release...