Custom column total value

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Galizza

Custom column total value

Post by *Galizza »

Hi, using custom columns & AudioInfo plugin i can see the length in minutes and seconds of each audio file.
I'd like to know if it's possible to make Tc show the total time of selected files, like it does with file size on status bar, thanks.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Custom column total value

Post by *Fla$her »

Alas, no. But I can offer a script for calculating the total duration with output to the window.
And what do you need that total duration for if it's no secret?
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Galizza

Post by *Galizza »

Thank you, but i already have a way to get me total time of selected files using context menu, i just wanted to know if it was possible to get it using a Tc column.
Why? No special reason just that when working with audio files the number of minutes means more to me than the number of megabytes. Thanks.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

In any case, the hotkey or button is more convenient than the context menu.
What exactly is meant by this work? How does the resulting duration affect further action?
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Galizza wrote: 2023-02-06, 08:42 UTC[...] i just wanted to know if it was possible to get it using a Tc column.
There is the MediaTime plugin which sums up the runtime of media files contained in a directory.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Galizza

Post by *Galizza »

Fla$her wrote: 2023-02-06, 09:09 UTC In any case, the hotkey or button is more convenient than the context menu.
What exactly is meant by this work? How does the resulting duration affect further action?
As i said beside that i prefer minutes to megabytes when working with audio files, the main reason is that after more than 20 years using Tc i keep trying to improve it everyday with plugins, extended menus, Ahk scripts, and as in this case new custom columns. Thanks for your help

2Dalai
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

Galizza wrote: 2023-02-06, 14:59 UTCthe main reason is that after more than 20 years using Tc i keep trying to improve it everyday with ...
You are not answering a direct question. In this case, this is not a reason, but a common goal that many have.
Galizza wrote: 2023-02-06, 14:59 UTCthat's exactly what i'm looking for
But you initially requested a summation of the duration for the selected files, not all that are in the folder. This is a different approach.
Overquoting is evil! 👎