Suggestion:Please add option to lock tab position when there are multi lines

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

briheart

Suggestion:Please add option to lock tab position when there are multi lines

Post by *briheart »

the active tab always go to the bottom,i can't remember tabs' positons. :shock: :shock:

need an option to stop active tab switching.Let them stay put :D

there is another problem :

"tabs on multi lines" and "all tabs have same width" can't be selected at the same time.

This causes the tabs to change lines constantly.

It's hard to remember their positions.

thank you.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion:Please add option to lock tab position when there are multi lines

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

the active tab always go to the bottom,i can't remember tabs' positons.
The Windows tab control always does that so the current tab looks as if it's connected to its tab header. Unfortunately it cannot be disabled.
"tabs on multi lines" and "all tabs have same width" can't be selected at the same time.
It wouldn't be clear when to add more lines if both were checked.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
TCwhatelse

Re: Suggestion:Please add option to lock tab position when there are multi lines

Post by *TCwhatelse »

I second the proposal, fixing tabs in mulit-line mode would improve my user experience largely. Having some 20+ tabs open, the row jumps are extremely confusing :cry: . I found the following (however, might be outdated or not relevant for Delphi?)

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6b19912c-522f-4ec6-95b1-9451fed1d4c5/changing-the-order-of-tabs-in-a-tabcontrol?forum=Vsexpressvcs

the accepted answer was:

I could have sworn I did this a couple of months ago but I could be wrong....I did find this quote from MSDN:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.tabpage.aspx

TabPage controls represent the tabbed pages in a TabControl control. The order of tab pages in the TabControl..::.TabPages collection reflects the order of tabs in the TabControl control. To change the order of tabs in the control, you must change their positions in the collection by removing them and inserting them at new indexes.

Another way:
I don't know how to move the tab BUT I do know that the content of all the tabs can be easily moved and give the appearance of moving the tab:

1) make sure all the child controls of the TabPage are children of a Panel.
So child>parent: labels, textboxes etc>Panel>TabPage>TabControl

2) Change the child>parent relationships of the Panel>TabPage so the Panels are in the right Tab location: myPanel.Parent=myTargetTabPage;

3) Finally change around the name of the TabPage

Country Style
PS: hope this was helpful

Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, January 6, 2010 3:51 AM

Hope there will be a solution one day... :?