[BUG] Delete from search results

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Gral
Power Member
Power Member

[BUG] Delete from search results

Post by *Gral »

Delete from search results in panel doesn't remove item from list while file is actually deleted.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [BUG] Delete from search results

Post by *petermad »

I presume that you mean deleting from the search result when it had been fed to listbox?

If works if I delete with Del or F8.
It does not work if I right-click and choose Delete - then the files stays visible in the listbox.
It also does not work (with Del or F8) is "Use Explorer delete method" is enabled.

If you can see the same file in the other file panel in a normal view, then the deleted file will only be removed automatically from that other panel if the setting "Refresh when files are created, deleted and renamed" is enabled.

It does not seem to matter whether you delete permanently or move to recycle bin (when "Use Explorer delete method" is not enabled).
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

petermad wrote: 2023-05-08, 22:38 UTC I presume that you mean deleting from the search result when it had been fed to listbox?
Yes.
petermad wrote: 2023-05-08, 22:38 UTC It also does not work (with Del or F8) is "Use Explorer delete method" is enabled.
Yes, this is the case. Running paralel on initially identical configuration TC 10.52 and 11.00 b1 i forgot that i changed this option during investigation on another potential bug.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The problem is that Windows does not give any feedback which files are deleted with the Explorer delete method - it's "fire and forget".
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

Ok, i remember the same problem for not logging files deleted with explorer method.