How to edit the Audio File Metadata ?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Noisia_Lover

How to edit the Audio File Metadata ?

Post by *Noisia_Lover »

Hello!

I just got Total Commander for Android, and it is a massive step up from the default Google Files. However, I can't edit the metadata for the audio file formats FLAC and mp3. Is there a way I could add or change information like album, artist, and cover? If I can't do that in Total Commander, then how else could I do it?

I use a Pixel 7 Pro that runs Android 13, and I installed Total Commander from the Google Play store, version 3.14.

Thanks!
Noisia_Lover
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Audio File Metadata

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I currently consider it too risky to change metadata. There is a ton of different formats, some of them poorly implemented, and the slightest change could make the file unreadable.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Noisia_Lover

Post by *Noisia_Lover »

Fair enough. Thanks anyway!
Bendroid

Post by *Bendroid »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-05-24, 20:00 UTC I currently consider it too risky to change metadata. There is a ton of different formats, some of them poorly implemented, and the slightest change could make the file unreadable.
Well, you realize there's a million of people modifying their meta tags every day utilising one of the available tools without forums being filled with them crying about having broken their files? Sorry for my honesty and certainly no offence meant, but I do find this pretty paranoid and actually unfounded. You're probably a little desillusioned from getting tons of crazy stupid support requests, but hey, isn't it really their problem they got to cope with? Just my 2c on it.

@thread opener: use either „Auto-Tagger" (probably the best app for that purpose on Android) or search for „KID3" APK, I don't think this one is on any app store, but it's good, unfortunately not maintained anymore.
aekengren

Re: How to edit the Audio File Metadata ?

Post by *aekengren »

I have the same question, and I don't see why it would be "risky"... I'll come back if I find a solution.

Edit: Is this risky only because this is posted under the Android section? What about PC solutions like https://tigotago.com?