How to UNHIDE a plugin

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

timcurran

How to UNHIDE a plugin

Post by *timcurran »

We are proudly told in the TC Android changelog that we can now hide plugins through the context menu. Nowhere is there any explanation, and I've been unable to figure out, how to UNHIDE a plugin once it's hidden. Even uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin doesn't work--presumably because the hidden list is maintained by TC and is not reset by uninstalling.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this feat, other than by uninstalling TC itself then laboriously reconstructing everything I've set up?
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How to UNHIDE a plugin

Post by *JOUBE »

timcurran wrote: 2023-05-28, 02:21 UTC We are proudly told in the TC Android changelog that we can now hide plugins through the context menu. Nowhere is there any explanation, and I've been unable to figure out, how to UNHIDE a plugin once it's hidden. Even uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin doesn't work--presumably because the hidden list is maintained by TC and is not reset by uninstalling.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this feat, other than by uninstalling TC itself then laboriously reconstructing everything I've set up?
Via context menu from the home screen.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2JOUBE
Via context menu from the home screen.
What is the "home screen"? TCA has a "home folder" - I see no way of opening any context menu here
My phone itself has a "Home screen" and if I long-tab on that I get some options, but certainly nothing that regards TCA.

Could you get some more advice of how to use the mentioned context menu to UN-hide hidden element in TC's Home folder?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

petermad wrote: 2023-05-28, 19:11 UTC Could you get some more advice of how to use the mentioned context menu to UN-hide hidden element in TC's Home folder?
I use the german terms: long press the "interner Speicher" on top of the home screen of the Tc android (you can get the Tc Android home screen by short pressing (taping) the blue home building). In the context menu of "interner Speicher" (and "SD-Karte" - if available - also) you will find the item "Alle versteckten anzeigen" ("unhide all" or so).

Jo"This long explanation is exactly the same as:'Via context menu from the home screen.' What do you think"ube

PS.: I bet the OP has long since found the solution himself by trying it out and looking around and won't even answering here. It's really very embarrassing to hide something and not find out beforehand how to make it visible again. Because hidden is hidden, you can no longer call up a context menu on it, that's clear beforehand.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Thanks, So it is the context menu of the "Internal memory", not of the Home folder (long-tapping the program icon in the upper left corner).

I didn't want to hide any of my plugins for testing, so I tried first hiding some Bookmarked folders that I had configured to be shown in the Home folder, but that did not trigger "Show all hidden" to appear in the context menu of the "Internal memory". So I got courageous and hid one of my plugins, and then I got the option "Show all hidden" in the context menu, and could show the plugin again.

I don't know if it is possible on Android to show inactive menu items as dimmed, as it is on a Windows PC, but if it was, I would prefer that, so I would have known such an option existed. Or maybe never hide "Show all hidden", but give a message, when tapping it and there is no hidden items.
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

petermad wrote: 2023-05-28, 21:05 UTC I don't know if it is possible on Android to show inactive menu items as dimmed, as it is on a Windows PC, but if it was, I would prefer that, so I would have known such an option existed.
I do not know why christian ghisler(author) have implemented the hide function (I myself never used it), but if the reason is to hide plugins, then it seamed not a good idea to my, to show them dimmed instead of hiding them ;-)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

then it seamed not a good idea to my, to show them dimmed instead of hiding them
It is not the plugin I want dimmed, it is the context menu item "Show all hidden", when there is NO hidden items - instead as currently eher the option "Show all hidden" is not shown at all.
License #524 (1994)