TC IrfanView Plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AkulaBig

Re: TC IrfanView Plugin

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-06, 13:50 UTC Point to the area to the left of the "Add" button: here you will find an up-arrow and a down-arrow button.
Thank you. Previously, the arrows were visible. So I was surprised that there is nothing to move now.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-06, 13:53 UTC Right click in the image -> The content of the title bar is gone!
Okay, I'll figure it out.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

A bug was found in which the plugin did not work if IrfanView and Lister both opened at once in a non-expanded form. Fixed it:
TC IrfanView 1.8.4
* internal changes.

TC IrfanView 2.56
* internal changes.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-06, 14:39 UTC
tuska wrote: 2023-06-06, 13:50 UTC Point to the area to the left of the "Add" button: here you will find an up-arrow and a down-arrow button.
Thank you. Previously, the arrows were visible. So I was surprised that there is nothing to move now.
This is related to Windows and currently there is no solution in Total Commander.

Windows 11 Pro (x64) Version 22H2 (OS build Build 22621.1778)
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-06, 14:57 UTC A bug was found in which the plugin did not work if IrfanView and Lister both opened at once in a non-expanded form. Fixed it:
TC IrfanView 1.8.4
* internal changes.

TC IrfanView 2.56
* internal changes.
Thank you for the new versions! :)

TC IrfanView Plugin 2.56

Code: Select all

F3 Lister (irfanview) ....................: Works! (x86, x64)
[WinPosition] Maximized=1 -OR- Maximized=0: Works! (x86, x64) 
Variant 1:
C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView_2\irfanview.ini

[Options]
path64=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\IrfanView-portable-64bit\IrfanView\i_view64.exe
path=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\IrfanView-portable\IrfanView\i_view32.exe
Variant 2:   (WITHOUT using C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView_2\irfanview.ini)!
C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView_2\IrfanView\i_view32.exe
C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView_2\IrfanView\i_view32.ini
C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView_2\IrfanView64\i_view64.exe
C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView_2\IrfanView64\i_view64.ini

Thank you very much for your endeavours!

I will test version 1.8.4 in a moment...
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

TC IrfanView Plugin 1.8.4

F3 Lister (irfanview) ....................: Works! (x86, x64)
[WinPosition] Maximized=1 -OR- Maximized=0: Works! (x86, x64)
Variant 1:
C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\irfanview.ini

[Options]
Variant 2:   (WITHOUT using C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\irfanview.ini)!
C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView\i_view32.exe
C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView\i_view32.ini
C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView64\i_view64.exe
C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView64\i_view64.ini

Thanks again! :)

PS:
This point has not yet been solved: Context menu removes content from header.

TC IrfanView Plugin 1.8.4 | TC IrfanView Plugin 2.56 | IrfanView Version 4.62 - 32 and 64 bit
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-06, 17:01 UTC PS:
Click the right mouse button. The context menu has no title. Therefore, it is not shown. If you click past the menu, the title will appear again. Or did I not understand your question?
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-06, 10:26 UTC If you first move the plugin "%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView.wlx" under Lister-Plugins (.WLX): Configure
to the desired position on top, then the line ".._detect="MULTIMEDIA & (EXT=..." will no longer be generated automatically!
Couldn't reproduce this bug. MULTIMEDIA is always created. Although this does not apply to my plugin, but I wanted to mention this feature. But until I make sure myself, I can't.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-06, 17:08 UTC
tuska wrote: 2023-06-06, 17:01 UTC PS:
Click the right mouse button. The context menu has no title. Therefore, it is not shown. If you click past the menu, the title will appear again. Or did I not understand your question?
For example, if the Lister window in the title shows e.g.:
"Lister (irfanview) - [D:\Bilder\_Testbilder\Testbilder_GESAMT\oivt.jpg]" --> the path and name of the picture(!) ...
then it should stay there and not be removed when I right click in the image.

If that's too difficult, then just leave it that way.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-06, 17:12 UTC
tuska wrote: 2023-06-06, 10:26 UTC If you first move the plugin "%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView.wlx" under Lister-Plugins (.WLX): Configure
to the desired position on top, then the line ".._detect="MULTIMEDIA & (EXT=..." will no longer be generated automatically!
Couldn't reproduce this bug. MULTIMEDIA is always created.
Although this does not apply to my plugin, but I wanted to mention this feature.
But until I make sure myself, I can't.
It is not a bug but a procedure for a plugin installation.

I would suggest that we leave it at that, because it does not affect your programming.
(If this statement is not correct, then I ask a TC user to correct it).
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-06, 17:15 UTC If that's too difficult, then just leave it that way.
On our websites, they also ask to redo this moment. To do this, you will have to track which window displays the title. If it works, I'll do it.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-06, 17:20 UTC I would suggest that we leave it at that, because it does not affect your programming.
I just wanted to note this nuance in the readme, but until I check it myself, I won't do it.
lxg208

Post by *lxg208 »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-06, 05:36 UTC
lxg208 wrote: 2023-06-06, 01:28 UTC I downloaded 2.55 from totalcmd.net and changed the path64 to my irfanview. It somewhat works. The issue is that I have to do Ctrl-Q for a quick view before I'm able to use F3 directly. If I don't do a quick view first, then nothing happens when I press F3. Could you please fix this?
I have an image immediately after pressing F3.
Explain, when you press F3 IV, an empty screen appears in it? Or doesn't even IV show up?
lxg208 wrote: 2023-06-06, 01:28 UTC The thing I like this plugin vs internal setting is that I can add additional file to use lister, e.g. svg files.
Files with the svg extension are already included in the viewing by the plugin.
When I press F3, nothings shows up. There is a flash, but I cannot tell if there is anything there. My setup should be correct, I can use F3 to view files if I use quick view first. I manually checked all ini files, they are correct.

Also, I tried Maximized=1 and Maximized=0, none of them worked.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-06, 18:05 UTC
tuska wrote: 2023-06-06, 17:20 UTC I would suggest that we leave it at that, because it does not affect your programming.
I just wanted to note this nuance in the readme, but until I check it myself, I won't do it.
I have checked it once again.
Plugin-Deinstallation
  1. wincmd.ini - [ListerPlugins] - e.g.
    6=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView.wlx
    Make a backup of line ...
    6_detect="MULTIMEDIA & ext="123"|ext="3FR"|...|ext="ZIP""
    BEFORE uninstalling, reinstalling or if an upgrade overwrites your own settings.
  2. Configuration > Options... > Plugins > Lister plugins (.WLX): Configure
  3. Cursor on: %COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView.wlx    MULTIMEDIA & ext="123"|ext="3FR"|...
  4. Click on Button "Remove", then on "OK", "OK"
  5. wincmd.ini - [ListerPlugins] > These lines were removed:

6_detect="MULTIMEDIA & ext="123"|ext="3FR"|...|ext="ZIP""
  6. ALT+F4 Files - Quit
  7. Start Total Commander
  8. Configuration > Options... > Edit/View > Configure internal viewer... > Tab "Multimedia" ... UNTOUCHED, e.g.
    Define view method by file type... as a new installation is carried out afterwards.
  9. Contents of folder "%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\" DELETED with the exception of the "Downloads" folder.
  10. Total Commander restarted
Plugin-Installation - TC IrfanView Plugin 1.8.4
  1. Start the plug-in installation by double-clicking on this file in Total Commander(!):
    "%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\Downloads\wlx_TCIrfanView_1.8.4.7z"
    (= on my PC (TC portable): ... C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\Downloads\wlx_TCIrfanView_1.8.4.7z)
  2. Click on button "Yes"
  3. Install to: %COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView > OK
  4. Configuration > Options... > Plugins > Lister plugins (.WLX): Configure >
  5. Lister plugins: %COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView.wlx ... is ADDED HERE AS THE LAST PLUGIN
    => WITHOUT(!) MULTIMEDIA & ext= <= ...
  6. ATTENTION: In order for the line ".._detect="MULTIMEDIA & (EXT=..." to be added automatically in the file "wincmd.ini"
    in the section [ListerPlugins] BELOW e.g. 6=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView.wlx,
    the plugin must be executed IMMEDIATELY, i.e. F3 or Ctrl+Q must be pressed for the image preview.
    If you first move the plugin "%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView.wlx" under Lister-Plugins (.WLX): Configure
    to the desired position on top, then the line ".._detect="MULTIMEDIA & (EXT=..." will be shown in the LAST LINE
    (because last installed) - after all other Lister Plugins!
  7. Point to the area to the left of the "Add" button: here you will find an up-arrow and a down-arrow button.
    Click on the plugin, eg %COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView.wlx and use the up-arrow key
    to move this plugin back up to the place corresponding to 6_detect=... according to wincmd.ini - [ListerPlugins].
    Under Configure - Lister plugins this is the 7th line(!) from the top, as the line count starts at 0 (!).
    Click on "OK". Note: The plug-ins are processed from top to bottom.
  8. Press F3 to preview a .jpg image with Lister (irfanview).
    This error message appears:
    "I can't find i_view32.exe, i_view64.exe it by the path specified in the file irfanview.ini"
    and the file "irfanview.ini" is created in C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\ -> EMPTY, i.e. with section [Options] only.
  9. Click on "OK" to close the error message window
  10. Now enter the paths (or the path) to the IrfanView installation(s), e.g. it looks like this:
    C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\irfanview.ini
    [Options]
  11. Press F3 again to preview a .jpg image with Lister (irfanview).
    1. NOW the preview is displayed.
    2. NOW you can see under Configure - Lister plugins that MULTIMEDIA has been added:
      %COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView.wlx MULTIMEDIA & (EXT="ACR"| ...)
    3. NOW your own settings for MULTIMEDIA may have been overwritten -> Backup recommended!
  12. Open the file wincmd.ini in your Texteditor or with: Menu "Configuration" > Change Settings Files Directly...
  13. In the section "[ListerPlugins]" the line 6=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView.wlx has been inserted.
  14. In the file "wincmd.ini" in the section [ListerPlugins] these two lines should now be present:

6_detect="MULTIMEDIA & (EXT=...
  15. The line beginning with 6_detect= DOES EXIST, but the lines were NOT SORTED TOGETHER
    and 6_detect=... is as LAST LINE (because last installed) - after all other Lister Plugins!
    For me, for example, only after this line:
    18=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\NoDirQuickView\NoDirQuickView.wlx
    6_detect="MULTIMEDIA & (EXT="ACR"|
    This will certainly be the reason why it is recommended to run F3 Lister IMMEDIATELY after plugin installation,
    because then entries starting with 6... would belong together.
  16. Transfer the line: 6_detect="MULTIMEDIA & (EXT="ACR"| ... upwards, below of
  17. Perform a TC restart.
lxg208

Post by *lxg208 »

lxg208 wrote: 2023-06-06, 20:27 UTC
AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-06, 05:36 UTC
lxg208 wrote: 2023-06-06, 01:28 UTC I downloaded 2.55 from totalcmd.net and changed the path64 to my irfanview. It somewhat works. The issue is that I have to do Ctrl-Q for a quick view before I'm able to use F3 directly. If I don't do a quick view first, then nothing happens when I press F3. Could you please fix this?
I have an image immediately after pressing F3.
Explain, when you press F3 IV, an empty screen appears in it? Or doesn't even IV show up?
lxg208 wrote: 2023-06-06, 01:28 UTC The thing I like this plugin vs internal setting is that I can add additional file to use lister, e.g. svg files.
Files with the svg extension are already included in the viewing by the plugin.
When I press F3, nothings shows up. There is a flash, but I cannot tell if there is anything there. My setup should be correct, I can use F3 to view files if I use quick view first. I manually checked all ini files, they are correct.

Also, I tried Maximized=1 and Maximized=0, none of them worked.
After installing 2.56, the problem is gone. Thanks.