TC IrfanView Plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Max33Verstappen

Re: TC IrfanView Plugin

Post by *Max33Verstappen »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-07, 14:06 UTC
Max33Verstappen wrote: 2023-06-07, 06:04 UTC Test 2.56. The problem in 2.55 is gone.
But now seems IrfanView is always maximized by the plugin? Is there any way to start the window of IrfanView normally, like what's like in 2.54?
Thanks.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12eGl9X6udmYHAOr-zt6I6nxclMcTDtRQ/view?usp=sharing
Check the correct operation. In 2.54 I had an error with one of the operating modes. Therefore, I cannot fully return that code.
I tried. It's not forced to maximize when launched, but now it's behaving somewhat like the window of IrfanView is restored from maximized state to normal, so now there're scrollbars around the window of IrfanView. I have to press "shift+f" or "shift+o" to re-fit the window to the image viewed. In 2.54, the window fitted well to the image.

BTW, I'm gonna try and use 1.84 as I just saw you guys recommend this over 2.x.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Max33Verstappen wrote: 2023-06-07, 18:12 UTC I tried. It's not forced to maximize when launched, but now it's behaving somewhat like the window of IrfanView is restored from maximized state to normal.
Yes. The window is indeed being restored. At 2.54 the window is not restored. Because of this, if in wincmd.ini
[Lister]
Maximized = 0
and in iview32(64).ini
[WinPosition]
Maximized = 0
the plugin does not start. So I can't leave it like in 2.54.
Max33Verstappen wrote: 2023-06-07, 18:12 UTC so now there're scrollbars around the window of IrfanView.
This is your personal setup. I don't recommend using one.
Max33Verstappen wrote: 2023-06-07, 18:12 UTC BTW, I'm gonna try and use 1.84 as I just saw you guys recommend this over 2.x.
This will be the right decision. And I'll post 2.57, which one you tested.
Max33Verstappen

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-07, 18:45 UTC
Max33Verstappen wrote: 2023-06-07, 18:12 UTC so now there're scrollbars around the window of IrfanView.
This is your personal setup. I don't recommend using one.
I think this version has certain problems.

Opening the same image:
  1. Directly opened by IrfanView:
    Image: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MELQ2OY
  2. Opened by the plugin:
    Image: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MELQ2OZ
    Notice there're scrollbars, which shouldn't be there and which is not the case in 2.54.
    And the message on the status bar says "No file loaded", and if you then press a key like "Alt" (which gives the focus to the menu item of the window of IrfanView) then the status bar shows the correct info.
I mean, there may exist some glitches in the procedure of opening the file or how to bring up the window of IrfanView by the plugin or there're some technical limitations to the lister plugins.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Max33Verstappen wrote: 2023-06-08, 06:20 UTC I think this version has certain problems.
Very interesting screenshots. I'll figure it out. I didn't think that 2.x would create any problems at all.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Max33Verstappen wrote: 2023-06-08, 06:20 UTC I think this version has certain problems.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yUhhBtoPF_syRJPahQJwPpNQh-mVRN0v/view?usp=sharing
It seems to have fixed bugs.
Max33Verstappen

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-08, 08:37 UTC
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yUhhBtoPF_syRJPahQJwPpNQh-mVRN0v/view?usp=sharing
It seems to have fixed bugs.
Tried it. Cool. I think it's been fixed.
Thanks!
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Max33Verstappen wrote: 2023-06-08, 11:08 UTC Tried it. Cool. I think it's been fixed.
Thanks!
Well, that's it, then I'm releasing a release. Notice why I didn't want to do that. In the shopping center, the window view is controlled by the value in wincmd.ini [Lister] Maximized = 0 This does not work in this release. The view of the window depends only on the previous view IV. I wanted to eliminate it. But with this mode of operation of the plugin, when Lister is not visible, this cannot be eliminated. So let it be so.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

I have now updated to the new TC IrfanView Plugin 2.57 - 8.6.2023 - only for testing purposes.

It is still incomprehensible to me why there are differences again and again with the version 2.x.
- as for example shown in the two pictures above - can occur, if in %COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\
in the file irfanview.ini the paths to the self installed iview??.exe files are defined by the user.

If I use the plugin version 2.x and press F3 a .jpg image is opened directly in IrfanView without using the lister.
I get the same effect when I click on a .jpg file in Total Commander - the image file opens directly in IrfanView.
The view in IrfanView (with or without plugin usage) is always the same (at least on my PC)!
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-08, 12:45 UTC I- as for example shown in the two pictures above - can occur
This is completely normal. After all, the plugin does not just launch IV, but also performs various actions. Most importantly, the plugin supports quick viewing by Ctrl+Q. A simple IV launch does not allow this.
tuska wrote: 2023-06-08, 12:45 UTC if in %COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\
in the file irfanview.ini the paths to the self installed iview??.exe files are defined by the user.
There is a slight difference. It is not clear to me yet how it is more correct. It works both ways, but apparently not always.
tuska wrote: 2023-06-08, 12:45 UTC If I use the plugin version 2.x and press F3 a .jpg image is opened directly in IrfanView without using the lister.
I get the same effect when I click on a .jpg file in Total Commander - the image file opens directly in IrfanView.
The view in IrfanView (with or without plugin usage) is always the same!
It just seems that way. In really IV, it works exactly the same as in 1.8.4 with the Lister window, it's just hidden. Let me remind you once again that the plugin supports the quick view mode.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-08, 14:01 UTC
tuska wrote: 2023-06-08, 12:45 UTC I- as for example shown in the two pictures above - can occur
... Most importantly, the plugin supports quick viewing by Ctrl+Q. A simple IV launch does not allow this. ...
There is no Quick View mode - Ctrl+Q in TC IrfanView Plugin 2.57.
With Ctrl+Q I get only a white area in the opposite TC window.

https://totalcmd.net/plugring/TCIrfanViewPlugin_2.0.html
TC IrfanView Plugin 2.57 wrote:The 2.X plug-in line differs from the 1.X line in that a clean one is launched
by F3 IrfanView, without integration with Lister Total Commander.
If Quick View mode existed in 2.57, I would now understand why this version exists.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

Just because now we dive deeper into the topic again:

My suggestion is that when installing a plugin, the user should enter in the file "irfanview.ini" his paths
to the .exe files AND NOTHING else!

I.e. it does not need then these folders any more:
%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView\
%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView64\
They only confuse (me) more than they might bring.

In this case the user has the main responsibility regarding his IrfanView settings.
In the file "Readme.txt" any further special settings required for the plugin should be noted in detail.

In my opinion, this would make the installation much simpler and easier for a user (like me) to understand.

Two more comments:
  1. Normally there is no need for two installation versions for one plugin (or I haven't come across that yet).

2. Since there are two plugin versions (1.8.4 and 2.57) which both have THE SAME installation directory - pluginst.inf:
    defaultdir=Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView ... at the moment a user has to be very careful during the installation,
    that he does not overwrite a plugin installation (this has already happened to me during tests).

Therefore I suggest that for version 2.x as defaultdir=Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView_2 is used.
    This could avoid accidental overwriting.
    If both plugins are installed, then the order in Configuration - Lister Plugins (.WLX) applies.

After F3 Lister (irfanview) - Preview, the entry "IrfanView" is present twice in the "Plugins" menu -
    but the order corresponds to the view in Configure - Lister Plugins (.WLX).
Last edited by tuska on 2023-06-08, 15:12 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-08, 14:12 UTC If Quick View mode existed in 2.57, I would now understand why this version exists.
You have discovered an error. I will eliminate it. Before that, the quick view worked.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-08, 14:26 UTC I.e. it does not need then these folders any more:
%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView\
%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView64\
They only confuse (me) more than they might bring.
My IV is located in these folders. And I advise others.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

I have edited my post above yours... (Two more comments)
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-08, 14:26 UTC Normally there is no need for two installation versions for one plugin (or I haven't come across that yet).
You're absolutely right. Two versions of the same plugin are completely unnecessary. I planned that the user would use only one of the plug-in options. Therefore, I did not install versions 1.x and 2.x differently. There are plugins that generally need to be installed several pieces, depending on the necessary actions. And even there, the user is manually asked to edit the path to each instance. Therefore, I will leave everything as it is. Because my plugin is clearly not designed to install both options.
Corrected 2.58b. I have several plugins, so I want to unify the code for them. But it doesn't work. Check the performance:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19kTXWS3YfvmlDd6Ed8Pf_urhRDtizAFS/view?usp=sharing