Load tooltip for ButtonBar buttons from user commands

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

LonerD

Load tooltip for ButtonBar buttons from user commands

Post by *LonerD »

Example.

Command

Code: Select all

[em_command]
cmd=Runcommand.exe
menu=My Description
And Button

Code: Select all

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
em_command

%COMMANDER_PATH%\TOTALCMD64.EXE,3

Suggestion - show text "My Description" (from em-command) when hovering mouse over the button.
Similar behavior already implemented (text from main menu). But when buttons are unique and only present in buttonbars (like all buttons in my buttonbars) quick button bar editing is uncomfortable.
Last edited by LonerD on 2023-06-23, 00:30 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Load tooltip for ButtonBar buttons from user commands

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

I dunno if that is possible cause atm when you have an em_command in your mnu-file and put that em_command
on the button bar it gets the tooltip text from the mnu-file-text for the em_command.
Hoecker sie sind raus!
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Sir_SiLvA wrote: 2023-06-22, 17:33 UTCI dunno if that is possible
It can be simple option or checkbox like "Read command description from language mnu file or read from usercmd.ini"
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

FYI If you pick the em_command by clicking the magnifying glass button in the "Change Button bar" dialog (or the "Change single button" dialog) - and then select the command from the "Choose Command" dialog - then the text from the menu= line is automatically inserted in the Button's "Tooltip" field.

But if you just write the name of the em_command in the "Command" field - then the "Tooltip" field is left blank.

It would be convenient if the text from menu= would be used with a blank "Tooltip" field, when the em_command is NOT used in the Main Menu where it would otherwise get its Tooltip text from.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar