LACK OF APK INSTALL SUPPORT LITERALLY *KILLS* PEOPLE

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

cyrus.valkonen

LACK OF APK INSTALL SUPPORT LITERALLY *KILLS* PEOPLE

Post by *cyrus.valkonen »

I was out in the wilderness when my phone broke, but luckily this is why I keep full backups of offline maps and software on my SD card for my backup phone.

But guess what?! I could not install the damn correct version of the APKs from my SD card! Neither from the stock file manager, nor from Total Commander!

So I was forced to find my way back by looking at the stars 40km without GPS in the middle of nowhere.

I could have DIED because of this nonsense. It makes no sense, who thinks of such limitations IN ADVANCE? What is next, it refuses to read files larger than 100MB or it erases new SD cards, unless you install some upgrade package outside of Google Play? Why on earth would you do these things?! This is outright hideous and absolutely dangerous to life and limb.

It is an outrage.
Hacker

Re: LACK OF APK INSTALL SUPPORT LITERALLY *KILLS* PEOPLE

Post by *Hacker »

Well, I guess you need to address that question to Google. Glad you didn't die.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LACK OF APK INSTALL SUPPORT LITERALLY *KILLS* PEOPLE

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

We offer a version of the app here in the forum which still supports app installation after Google forced use to remove it from the Play Store version.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com