[TC11b10] No mouse wheel to scroll text in lister while editing names in multi-rename

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

PascalT

[TC11b10] No mouse wheel to scroll text in lister while editing names in multi-rename

Post by *PascalT »

TC11b10
Windows XP 32 bit

Scrolling with the mouse wheel in a text file does not work in lister while editing names is launched from the multi-rename window.
1 - open a text file in lister (big enough to be able to scroll text)
2 - Start the multi-rename tool with any file
3 - Start "Edit names..." to edit the file names in your text editor (Notepad++ for me)
4 - Try to scroll with the mouse wheel in the text file opened in lister

(Maybe the same origin as the scrolling problem in the new history list, which was solved)
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [TC11b10] No mouse wheel to scroll text in lister while editing names in multi-rename

Post by *Usher »

PascalT wrote: 2023-07-08, 01:19 UTC 3 - Start "Edit names..." to edit the file names in your text editor (Notepad++ for me)
You can start any action from that menu with the same results. "Load names from file..." and "Configure editor..." also display modal window and lock scrolling in Lister.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [TC11b10] No mouse wheel to scroll text in lister while editing names in multi-rename

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It's a known limitation which cannot be fixed. That's because opening a Windows MessageBox passes the message handling for the entire process to the MessageBox message handler. It doesn't happen in dark mode because then I'm using my own replacement for MessageBox (which doesn't support dark mode by itself). I would rather not use my own MessageBox in normal mode because it can never look exactly like the one from Windows.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
PascalT

Post by *PascalT »

what is strange is any other action even from the mouse works in the file opened in Lister. Only the mouse wheel does not work.
I also noted that the mouse wheel is working with the Lister plugin Imagine (for me it's mapped to next/previous picture to be displayed).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

The wheel is handled in a function AppMessage() which is called by the message loop for all windows when a message comes in. This allows to centrally handle the wheel for many controls which don't support the wheel by themselves.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2PascalT
This solution will help you scroll regardless of the modality and inactivity of windows/dialogs, including external ones.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Moderator message

Moved to will not be changed