Copy/Move Queue by Drive Pair

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

zorg

Copy/Move Queue by Drive Pair

Post by *zorg »

How complicated would it be to have have multiple copy/move queues?

The use-case I'm thinking about is when you have two independent drive pairs that you want to have copy operations on.

For example,
C = Internal SSD
D = Internal HDD
M = External SSD
N = Network HDD

If you have two sets of copies going simultaneously, from C->M and C->N, then there is no advantage (I believe) to having both copy operations going simultaneously - you are limited by the read-speed of drive C.

However, if your operations are going from C->M and D->N, then, I believe, you would get better throughput by running both operations simultaneously.

There are other considerations - shared busses comes to mind - but in principle there are situations where simultaneous copy is better.

You can effect this, currently, by having two instances of TC running at the same time. Would it be straightforward - or, is there already a plugin - to do this in a single instance of TC?

Note that I realize you could run an arbitrary number of instances using the simple copy dialog; I'm interested in using the copy queue.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Copy/Move Queue by Drive Pair

Post by *Dalai »

You can open as many background transfer manager (BTM) windows as you like via the Commands menu. Then select the files you want to transfer and add them via the BTM's plus button.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
zorg

Re: Copy/Move Queue by Drive Pair

Post by *zorg »

Dalai - Thank you very much! I did not know that feature existed.