various History.txt typos

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

hi5
Power Member
Power Member

various History.txt typos

Post by *hi5 »

25.06.23 Fixed: In case sensitive directories, files which differred only in upper-/lowercase were sorted randomly, now sort with uppercase first (32/64)
-> differed
26.01.23 Fixed: Prevent deadlock for some users by calling RegisterForShellNotifiations via PostMessage to the main window (32/64)
-> RegisterForShellNotifications
19.04.22 Fixed: Id3v2.3 and Id3v2.4 tags: Support desynchonization (replacement of FF with FF 00 in headers) (32/64)
-> desynchronization
F4MiniMenu (Forum) - Open selected file(s) from TC in defined editor(s) - A (minimalistic) clone of F4Menu
Source at GitHub (AutoHotkey). TCSyncComments (copy file comments)
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Re: various History.txt typos

Post by *JOUBE »

The file is called history.txt and accordingly it contains historical descriptions. These must not be manipulated afterwards. That's out of the question. So these are historical typos. Hands off it. One gets the impression that there is no real interest in TC itself when such things are brought up. No bugs at all. But history.

The expectation is that the history.txt file will only be supplemented and not manipulated afterwards.

Joube

I hear: but, but, but then you can't find the entries... Well, that's the way it is then. Everyone can live with that.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2JOUBE

Typos in history.txt has been reported and corrected in numerous occasions in the past, se for example: search.php?keywords=typo+history.txt&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

IMHO history.txt is supposed to give as correct information about changes to Total Commander - it is not a legal binding document, that cannot be edited.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

2all
IMHO changing history.txt afterwards is a mistake and a bug (except of course the current part). I would like ghisler(author) to know and acknowledge that there are more valid opinions than the one represented twice in this thread. Unfortunately, ghisler(author) actually listened to the opinions of individuals who are active here.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

I agree with petermad here, typos are not something that needs to be preserved.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *umbra »

It would be one thing if someone wanted to rewrite a history, but fixing typos? I too fail to see the problem with that.
I always find these "history.txt typos" bug reports curious. I see them as a waste of time, both for the people looking for them and the ones fixing them. But if someone wants to spend their time on it, well, whatever, it's their time.

Edit: JOUBE, if you have a link to some good discussion/explanation of why issues in release notes should never be fixed afterwards, feel free to send it to me. That sounds like an interesting thing to explore. A private message is fine, to not spam this topic unnecessarily. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to send such message to you, hence I'm asking here.
Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

These must not be manipulated afterwards
Hahaha! No, typos can of course be corrected.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

Hacker wrote: 2023-09-06, 08:26 UTC I agree with petermad here, typos are not something that needs to be preserved.
I 100% agree with Peter and Roman.
Hoecker sie sind raus!
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Another typo:
HOSTORY.TXT wrote: 20.02.09 Fixed: Synchronized dirs: Error message shown (although there was no error) when copying empty directory from right to left panel
-> Synchronize
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

All 4 types mentioned here above confirmed fixed in TC 11.02rc1 :-)

Moderator message from: petermad » 2023-10-05, 20:19 UTC

Moved to "TC fixed bugs" from "TC11.x bug reports (English)"
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar