Auto switch mode - specific drive not recognized by rules

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Firx

Auto switch mode - specific drive not recognized by rules

Post by *Firx »

I have set rules in my Auto switch mode to change to a specific View mode if the selected drive is NOT my onboard hard drive (e.g. -:must not match C:\). It works well on all my USB flash disks, but not on my new USB SSD [Transcend ESD310C].
Also I have noticed that this specific drive icon is not standard (compared to all other flash drives).
[IMG]https://s1.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/thumbs/2023/12/787a4a0bc168dfa8e0c7ed879dae69cf.png[/IMG]
Even if I set a rule to L: with drive letter with every single type available on list, it still ignores the drive.

How can I solve this issue?
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Auto switch mode - specific drive not recognized by rules

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

Try setting no file type at all. If that doesn't help:

- Show a screenshot of how the drive appears in TC, inclusive the drive letter TC shows for the drive.
- Show a full description or screenshot of ALL the auto switch mode rules you have (not just only the one you got problems with here).
Firx

Re: Auto switch mode - specific drive not recognized by rules

Post by *Firx »

The solution was found unintentionally. I have discovered that, when the drive is empty, it's being ignored by -: Must not match X:\*. But as long as there is any file or folder, the rule becomes intact.
Try setting no file type at all.
If I set -: Must not match X:\ (without the asterisk), the rule stops acting on drive X:.
Thank you for your fast responce.