Open junction's target path to panel

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Open junction's target path to panel

Post by *wanderer »

A while ago, i made this request. I'd like to add another one related to junctions/links. Pressing CTRL+LEFT/RIGHT opens the selected path to the other panel. Pressing CTRL+ALT+LEFT/RIGHT could respectively open a junction's destination path to the other panel.

I work with junctions a lot, so it would be very convenient for me if these two features existed and were builtin to TC and not with the use of plugins/scripts.
Last edited by wanderer on 2024-01-03, 08:45 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Open junction's target path to panel

Post by *AntonyD »

Hey! what a wonderful request! Support+++++++++++++++

I just modestly hope that now someone won’t come here and write that something like this already exists and has long been available to true Total users)))))
#146217 personal license
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

It's better to make cm_Transfer or cm_Jump with the sum of the flags (panel selection, creating a new tab and activating the jump to LNK/symlink sources). It is even possible to consider a recursive definition method for links to links.
In this case, you can somehow responsibly talk about comparing with scripts.
New hotkeys that may match the current custom ones are not the best solution.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Fla$her wrote: 2023-12-31, 11:44 UTCNew hotkeys that may match the current custom ones are not the best solution.
Well, i don't disagree with the rest, but this... You're essentially proposing NOT to add any new hotkeys to TC. Ever. That doesn't sound good...
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

wanderer wrote: 2023-12-31, 13:28 UTC That doesn't sound good...
There are already plenty of default hotkeys for the main TC window. If desired, the author could double/triple their number at the expense of existing commands, but this would cause resistance from users who are used to their custom hotkeys. There should be a limit for default hotkeys in the main window, and it has long since come.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Fla$her wrote: 2024-01-03, 00:14 UTCThere should be a limit for default hotkeys in the main window, and it has long since come.
Well, i understand what you're saying but IMO this is a matter of opinion. It depends how much one has customized TC. In any case, such a command would probably be used only by few and since everything is configurable, if such a command existed, one could assign it to whatever key he wanted and be happy.

Christian, could such commands be added to TC please (cm_SrcOpenJunctionTarget, cm_DstOpenJunctionTarget, cm_SrcOpenJunctionTargetNewTab, cm_DstOpenJunctionTargetNewTab)?
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

wanderer wrote: 2024-01-03, 08:44 UTC In any case, such a command would probably be used only by few and since everything is configurable, if such a command existed, one could assign it to whatever key he wanted and be happy.
We can't know who else will use them, I can only say that I use it quite often.
The most important thing here is the optionality. Why waste time on several commands if you can make parameters for one?
You only write Junction. My script, for example, immediately works in relation to lnk+symlink. That is, I do not need to have two separate hotkeys for each type of link. It would be wise to combine them at will, as I suggested above.

We already have the cm_TransferRight/Left commands, which is why I suggested cm_Transfer.
And then it will be possible to make combinations from keys:
/N — new tab
/T — target panel (source panel by default)
/S — symlink/junction/reparce point
/L — lnk
Example: cm_Transfer /LNTS
Overquoting is evil! 👎
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Fla$her wrote: 2024-01-03, 10:39 UTCYou only write Junction. My script, for example, immediately works in relation to lnk+symlink.
Clarification: To me, junction = all types of links.

What you propose sounds nice and compact. I'm in. :)
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯