Dialog "Change single button" -> add multiline inputfield "notes"

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

t3ster

Dialog "Change single button" -> add multiline inputfield "notes"

Post by *t3ster »

Each button you can edit has:
------
Command:
Paramaters:
Ionfile:
Icon:
Tooltip
------

Is there any chance you might consider adding an extra multi line inputfield "notes". In 'notes' the user could add anything regarding that button
that can serve as a sort of notes. It could contain anything the user want's remember regarding that button (paths, special instructions, command info,...etc...). You don't have to call it notes it's just a suggestion.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Dialog "Change single button" -> add multiline inputfield "notes"

Post by *tuska »

This is what is currently available.
BUTTON - Example

Code: Select all

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
cm_RenMov
/GT="%|$DATE:Y-M-D_h.m.s|_%Q%N"
WCMICONS.DLL,32
cm_RenMov /GT="%||$DATE:Y-M-D_h.m.s||_%Q%N" || YYYY-MM-DD_HH.MM.SS|Prepend name of the file under the cursor with current date and time|https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=449988#p449988|Keyboard shortcut for inserting date when editing file names

Create NOTES in the "Tooltip" field
  1. Click on "SELECT ALL" (to the right of CODE ... "BUTTON - Example":), then press CTRL+C (copy to clipboard).
  2. Right-click on any place in the button bar, then click on "Paste".
     ⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺
  3. Option1: Point to the new button (slightly longer): 'Tooltip' is shown (-> description to the button).
                  A maximum of 259 characters is allowed for the tooltip. | = create line break, || = create | as separator character.
  4. Option2: Button bar - "Tooltip" field: A single space deactivates the display of the tooltip.
                  If the "Tooltip" field is empty, the content of the "Command" field is displayed.
  5. Option3: See FAQs and explanation: Button-code (TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA)  <-- <Ctrl+click on the link...>
t3ster

Re: Dialog "Change single button" -> add multiline inputfield "notes"

Post by *t3ster »

Thank you for feedback!

Currently I am using the tooltip for notes, but I wanted to avoid using the the tooltip for that as I wanted to use the tooltip for showing actual tooltip related info. Also the tooltip has a size limitation. Also often I only want to have some way of having a note 'attached' to the button without showing a tooltip.

Still thank you for feedback, I really appreciate it!