[WFX] Android ADB 8.8

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Mihai Edrisch

Re: [WFX] Android ADB 8.8

Post by *Mihai Edrisch »

Nothing?
BudCord

Post by *BudCord »

@Mihai Edrisch
Read posting.php?mode=quote&p=444611 again!

Uninstall completely, set registry,

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ghisler\Total Commander]
"IniFileName"="%USERPROFILE%\\wincmd.ini"
"FtpIniName"="%USERPROFILE%\\wcx_ftp.ini"
"InstallDir"="c:\\Programme\\totalcmd"
install again.

Set

pluginbasedir=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\GHISLER\plugins
in wincmd.ini

No problems private / office since decades!
Make it idiotproof and someone will make a better idiot.
dwa_e

Post by *dwa_e »

Throughout all versions, I observe this problem. If the connected device responds to an adb device request using a line break, for example like this

devices
then the plugin shows two devices and cannot execute the command ls -l

Image: https://postimg.cc/QH6b1N5j

via terminal ls -l shows files

Image: https://postimg.cc/hXXQV9ph
Speeder

Post by *Speeder »

I would like to request a feature to be able to download the APK file stored on the device with this plugin. Currently, when trying to download a file with copy/F5, the plugin produces an error. It is possible to download an APK from the phone by running the following commnds:

apk_path = `adb shell pm list packages -f -e -3 | grep =<pkg_name> | sed -E 's/package:(\/data\/.*)=[A-Za-z0.9\.]+/\1/'`
adb pull $apk_path destination.apk
Where <pkg_name> is the package's name to be downloaded.
roze

Post by *roze »

Is it possible to use this plugin to delete a files on Android according to the list stored in the file?
Similarly on PC.Image: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlrXJ_erMLpliGCtJOKF8pu9PJJh
Mihai Edrisch

Post by *Mihai Edrisch »

BudCord wrote: 2023-11-16, 09:41 UTC @Mihai Edrisch
Read https://ghisler.ch/board/posting.php?mode=quote&p=444611 again!

Uninstall completely, set registry,

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ghisler\Total Commander]
"IniFileName"="%USERPROFILE%\\wincmd.ini"
"FtpIniName"="%USERPROFILE%\\wcx_ftp.ini"
"InstallDir"="c:\\Programme\\totalcmd"
install again.

Set

pluginbasedir=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\GHISLER\plugins
in wincmd.ini

No problems private / office since decades!
Yea I had already done that then I made another post here addressing a different issue but the answer I was seeking for so long was elsewhere provided by some random person because no one here felt like explaining.
silico

Post by *silico »

when starting the adb when connecting the body. in c:\Program Files\Common Files\System\
symsrv.dll appears and is detected by virtotal. there have been cases of infection
adb.exe. AdbWinApi.dll.
symsrv.dll is registered in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs\C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\System\symsrv.dll.
What does it mean?
apd
a new browser window also opens
Hammillian7

How to setup Busybox, pls ? Re: [WFX] Android ADB 8.8

Post by *Hammillian7 »

Can anyone, please, explain how to install or setup busybox for availability to this ADB plugin ?

I'm very interested in this plugin for backing up my mobile, so, I would need the file times to work correctly, for what I've learnt that I need to use Busybox ls option. However, when I select it, all the file lists appear empty. I imagine it may be due to the lack of busybox in my (non-rooted) Android system. I've learnt the way of installing it in some special directory for use by the terminal app (neoTerminal) and it works with it, but I don't know nor have seen how to install it for availability to this ADB plugin.

Thank you very much !

Edit 19-3-24: corrected "busybox" spelling.
Last edited by Hammillian7 on 2024-03-19, 09:24 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks,
Jose

Nubia Redmagic 7Pro with non-rooted Android 13
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

To use busybox with the adb plugin, you just have to click on the shell icon on the initial folder list.
Then if it is installed on your phone you can use it typing

busybox ash
. If you just want to use some command the ln have probably already been done once it is installed.

To install it on your phone, you can get any apk that suit your needs, and copy/drop it in Apps. You also need to validate on your phone installation action.
Hammillian7

Post by *Hammillian7 »

nsp wrote: 2024-03-19, 03:44 UTC To use busybox with the adb plugin, you just have to click on the shell icon on the initial folder list.
Then if it is installed on your phone you can use it typing

busybox ash
. If you just want to use some command the ln have probably already been done once it is installed.

To install it on your phone, you can get any apk that suit your needs, and copy/drop it in Apps. You also need to validate on your phone installation action.
Thank you for replyng.

1 My Android is not rooted (I don't want to root it, to keep bank apps working). Are the explanations in your message valid for non-rooted Android?

I just want that the list of files given by this ADB plugin have the correct times (that is, that the comparisons in "Sync Dirs" work well, so that I can do backups from the Android to a local disk). I've read in the ADB plugin the option "Busybox ls (select if you want ... correct file time)" in the "File list command" configuration field and I think I should select it.

But, as you already said, I need busybox to be installed in my Android, which is what I don't achieve.

I've tried launching several apks installers of busybox (some of them installed by copying their apk files to the [apps] ADB plugin folder, as you said). But all of them require the Android to be rooted to be able to install busybox, except for "EXA busybox", which only installs it on one Terminal app (I use "neoTerm") , but I think not accessibly to the ADB plugin. "busybox ash" in the ADB plugin shell replies "inaccessible or not found".

2 So, could there be any way of installing busybox in my non-rooted Android ? Or, at least, any way of getting the right file times for the Total Commander Sync Dirs to work properly?

Many thanks !
Thanks,
Jose

nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

Hammillian7 wrote: 2024-03-20, 01:11 UTC1 My Android is not rooted (I don't want to root it, to keep bank apps working). Are the explanations in your message valid for non-rooted Android?
No busybox must be known by the system to work with adb. Non-root install of busybox mostly works inside a terminal app and not accessible to ADB.
Hammillian7 wrote: 2024-03-20, 01:11 UTC 2 So, could there be any way of installing busybox in my non-rooted Android ? Or, at least, any way of getting the right file times for the Total Commander Sync Dirs to work properly?

Many thanks !
On my phone, I use adb options:
  • local timezone
  • Native 8.1. ls -la
I also have adb.exe version >30 (Version 34.0.5-10900879).

This is working great with Synchronize directories for images, multimedia files,... I use asymmetric mode without copying to my phone from my computer...
If is still not working for you, you can tick ignore date. This is usually enough if you only synchronize on names.
And if all of this is still not working, you can use My Phone Explorer it is free and work great !
Hammillian7

Post by *Hammillian7 »

Thanks, NSP !
nsp wrote: 2024-03-20, 03:48 UTC
Hammillian7 wrote: 2024-03-20, 01:11 UTC1 My Android is not rooted (I don't want to root it, to keep bank apps working). Are the explanations in your message valid for non-rooted Android?
No busybox must be known by the system to work with adb. Non-root install of busybox mostly works inside a terminal app and not accessible to ADB.
1 Then, I imagine that if busybox is able to run for the terminal app (neoTerm, in my case) user (cause it is its owner), it should also be able to run for the ADB plugin user, if this user installed it under its ownership. So, the ADB plugin developer (pity that it seems that he is not working on it anymore) could install busybox (or, better just the "ls" command part, if nothing else of it is used and he was ready to compile it just for "ls") in the ADB plugin user subdirs in a session preliminary phase.
nsp wrote: 2024-03-20, 03:48 UTC
Hammillian7 wrote: 2024-03-20, 01:11 UTC 2 So, could there be any way of installing busybox in my non-rooted Android ? Or, at least, any way of getting the right file times for the Total Commander Sync Dirs to work properly?

Many thanks !
On my phone, I use adb options:
  • local timezone
  • Native 8.1. ls -la
I also have adb.exe version >30 (Version 34.0.5-10900879).

This is working great with Synchronize directories for images, multimedia files,... I use asymmetric mode without copying to my phone from my computer...
If is still not working for you, you can tick ignore date. This is usually enough if you only synchronize on names.
And if all of this is still not working, you can use My Phone Explorer it is free and work great !
nsp wrote: 2024-03-20, 03:48 UTC On my phone, I use adb options:
local timezone
Paradoxically, marking "local time zone" seems necessary to use utc instead of local, which is necessary to avoid differences due to summer time.
nsp wrote: 2024-03-20, 03:48 UTC On my phone, I use adb options:
[*]Native 8.1. ls -la
Yes, that 8.1 is necessary to correctly handle spaces in the filenames. The rest of them (I don't know busybox) do it wrong.
nsp wrote: 2024-03-20, 03:48 UTC I also have adb.exe version >30 (Version 34.0.5-10900879).
2 The ADB plugin is using the adb.exe included with the ADB plugin installation (...\Plugins\ADB\bin\adb.exe), whose version is not informed. Have you done anything to change it? Does it have any advantage? Actually, I have an adb.exe (and its 2 dlls) from 10.2023 which I could substitute for the current ones (the current adb.exe is near 2MB, while my other one is near 6MB): should I substitute them?
nsp wrote: 2024-03-20, 03:48 UTC And if all of this is still not working, you can use My Phone Explorer it is free and work great !
3 Does that My Phone Explorer handle correctly the file times?

4 I've observed a favorable and decisive detail: although this 8.1 ls option keeps on having the time defect (it seems it turns the seconds to 0 when listing files, but not (fortunately) when copying them), it makes the copied files be seconds newer than the listed ones, and, so, the (Sync Dirs) time comparison makes the files in the phone seem older than the files copied in the PC and, so, it doesn''t mark them to be copied again.
In brief: the time comparison makes the Sync Dirs backup procedure work well, as it will only mark for copying the files in the phone which have been updated (by more than one minute) since the last copying backup.

This (temporally) relieves me of having to solve the problem of busybox installation on a non-rooted phone like mine (though I still would like to have it resolved).
Thanks,
Jose