Multi-Target Search

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

LegitTalk

Multi-Target Search

Post by *LegitTalk »

I'd like this with F7 and Alt+F7 and even Keypad + :
I'd use this with Irfanview: it can have a .ecw image format now and is relatively smaller than .WebP and .PNG and a few .jpg with low compression; so I compress them all those 3 to .ecw, to Save Storage Space.
I need TC to Find the smallest files with the same name, then invert the selection with Keypad * to delete them.

This is key since image formats with lossless and higher compression are getting to image apps like Irvanview, like AVIF. This would be useful on also video, documents, etc. It has lots of potential
white
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Multi-Target Search

Post by *white »

LegitTalk wrote: 2024-04-15, 00:44 UTC I need TC to Find the smallest files with the same name, then invert the selection with Keypad * to delete them.
Use the Advanced tab of Search to search for duplicates (plugin field [=tc.name] only). Then feed the results to listbox. Then press Num + and use the option to select by file size "All larger than the smallest file".
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

white,
Would that work if the extensions differ?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Hacker wrote: 2024-04-15, 14:20 UTC Would that work if the extensions differ?
Right. Adjusted.
LegitTalk

Post by *LegitTalk »

Thanks it works.
I never worked with the duplicated files before, so all of this was unknown to me.
I have v10.51 and the size is not shown on the Listbox, and if I select the Size column the arrangement is gone.
Also I I need a different size scale here: KB o B, 'coz I need to see the differences; can you make this adjustments please?

I found something on the Help, that might help to customize the Listbox; is it possible? Are these Internal COmmands work in the .ini file, or how to use them?
Image: https://i.postimg.cc/yY1PNc1s/Clipboard-04-16-2024-02.webp