Board updated to phpbb 3.3.9

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Board updated to phpbb 3.3.9

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The wiki has been updated now! Please let me know if you encounter any problems.
Just completely FYI, this forum software looks really nice, at quick glance
I have made a lot of modifications to the forum and even use it for login to the wiki, so I don't think that a switch would be easy. Are you missing a specific function?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

I have made a lot of modifications to the forum
And is there an opportunity among them, when clicking on a topic that I am tracking and reading, to go IMMEDIATELY and ONLY to the last post that I have NOT READ? Otherwise, now such a situation is possible, when I read, for example, the first 11 posts on 1 discussion page of topic X, and then, when I returned two days later, I already saw 3 pages in it. BUT it's absolutely obvious that I cannot say right away - and WHERE was I the last time when I read this topic? After all, even the 11 posts I have read are only a part of the possible 15 that are displayed on every full discussion page in any topic. That is, I somehow have to remember that I read 11 posts only and precisely on 1 page only and somehow after all quickly jump to the 12th post on this 1 page? BUT HOW? I don't see that possibility right now. And it's wildly inconvenient.

I really hope that I just didn’t find the right option in the settings somewhere, and not that the engine of this forum simply does not provide such functionality.
#146217 personal license
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christian,
I don't think that a switch would be easy. Are you missing a specific function?
I am not suggesting a switch, just that if we want or need to switch one day, this forum looked nice. Can't remember any specific feature, WYSIWYG editing perhaps, maybe also something else caught my eye, can't remember anymore. Regarding specific functions, marking topics as solved would be nice, perhaps thanking users, and marking specific posts as "the correct / most helpful answer".

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

AntonyD wrote: 2024-04-16, 08:37 UTCAnd is there an opportunity among them, when clicking on a topic that I am tracking and reading, to go IMMEDIATELY and ONLY to the last post that I have NOT READ?
That's already possible in the current forum software and I've been using it for years. When in a subforum (thread overview if you will) click on the small red sheet of paper in front of the topic title (prosilver board style, can't say anything in regards to other styles). Yes, other forum software may have additional links in other places where one can jump to the newest unread post, e.g. XenForo has a link within a thread.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2Dalai
[img]https://i.ibb.co/HVVn2kL/2024-04-16-131905.png[/img]
Are you talking about this item? If yes - it does exactly what I see in tooltip: I will be redirected to the latest post in this topic.
That's all. Not to the latest UN-read MY post - but to the LATEST post in the topic in a whole.
#146217 personal license
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

petermad wrote: 2024-04-16, 11:42 UTC https://i.postimg.cc/pd40XNMw/Unread.png shows garbage.
Because it is stretched I think. Click the garbage.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

petermad,
shows garbage
Works fine here in Firefox.

Roman
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Works fine here in Firefox.
It does now here too - but when it didn't I tried in two different browsers and got same result, so some temporary glitch at i.posting.cc

I checked my browser history and at the time https://i.postimg.cc/pd40XNMw/Unread.png redirected me to https://postimg.cc/8Fddt054
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

Ok, not a very intuitive icon - it was completely out of my sight and out of my mouse cursor.
But thanks to everyone who responded, your help was much needed))))))
#146217 personal license