[Wish] 2 more buttons for FTP

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

IRCer

[Wish] 2 more buttons for FTP

Post by *IRCer »

Hello,

I'd like to suggest new feature for TC's FTP - two buttons, "for Target already exists:" dialog:

1) Resume all - after pressed, TC would continue downloading files, and resume where necessary with no further questions (I guess, it's pretty easy to implement);
2) Rename all - after pressed, TC would show dialog like in "Multi-Rename Tool" (or even exactly the same dialog) to give user possibility to rename all further files using pattern defined in that dialog (that may be harder to implement... but still, not impossible ;]).

So, the whole dialog would look like that:

Target already exists:

Overwrite, Overwrite all, Skip
Cancel, Skip all, Rename,
Resume, Resume all, Rename all

And we wouldn't have any wasted space on it anymore (of course, I made that suggestion not only to "save space" ;]]]).

Of course, I read threads (including these on previous forum) stating, that FTP in TC will never be "too advanced", because there are other programs for just FTP itself (and for other reasons, I guess), however, I assume that feature would be rather important (especially "Resume all" button - it's kinda irritating when you've got to click like 1000x times when you're re-downloading some large amount of files, and you don't remember which of them you've got complete)... ;]

All right, that would be all, sorry for strange form of this post, I've just realized I'm a bit tired... Hopefully, everyone understood what I meant (I tried... ;]).
IRCer

Post by *IRCer »

Hello again :]

So, Christian, would you think about it?

Greetings...
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

IRCer, wait a minute, please.
Read the Forum rules (http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2) - 12th point. Give Christian some time ;-)
Fortunately, he doesn't spend all his time on forum, he also develops TC :-) .
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed "Resume all" is planned, and an auto-rename function is considered - but I haven't found a good solution for it yet.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
IRCer

Post by *IRCer »

djk, all right, my second post wan't intended to rush anyone, I just didn't want the topic to go into deep, black, next pages of the forum and be forgotten forever ;]

Ghisler, as for "Resume All" - I'm glad to hear that :], as for "Rename All" - I'm not positive, whether you haven't got solution according to programming it (then I'm afraid I cannot help you ;]), or you just don't have the idea how-it-should-look-like (then I'd suggest making it like in "Multi-Rename Tool"...).

Thanks for responding, and I apologize, if it seemed I rushed you :roll: