Feature Request : Grouping FS Plugin

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

D1P

Post by *D1P »

franck8244 wrote:Look at D1P screenshot here, I think it's an extreme case but for me grouping FS plugin would be a good idea ...
Huh, really, I have many FS-plugins (even more, I think, than at somebody else since some my plugins are written for personal using only). But I do not feel difficulties with navigation. One seems to me inconvenient - that plugins are mixed with network connections (very much irritates!)... It would Be much more convenient, I think, if plugins would be in some "virtual folder".
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

It would Be much more convenient, I think, if plugins would be in some "virtual folder".
If this can not be done internally, it might be done by a "generic" FS plugin that could be use in this sort of way: "Registering it" with different name and then it would look in its ini file wich "sub" FS plugin (belonging to that "name") it has to display...
TC#88260 -
D1P

Post by *D1P »

In theory, it is possible to do (for example, as it made in super_wdx). But such of job seems to me so grandiose, that I would not do this. May be... if Christian Ghisler will publish the part of source codes responsible for job with WFX... but even then I I shall not be confident, that I shall make all correctly.
However, as I know, two Russian developers have added support of FS-plug-ins in file manager "Freegate" (unfortunately, i lost the link). So, probably, it and is not too difficult.
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

Well, we didn't receive any answer from Ghisler yersterday, I'll hope we'll have one soon...
TC#88260 -
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Not only Frigate (not Freegate) offers FS plugin support but the next Speed Commander version will have it, too.

Frigate website is here:
http://www.frigate3.com/index.php

Icfu
This account is for sale
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

Sorry for getting this topic to top again.

But I also think that FS plugins should have its own space out of the network neighborhood.

I think it could be implemented adding another button after the one of network neighborhood, and also adding it on the drive selection combo.

And I also support the FS plugins grouping feature.