POP3/SMTP Plugin Sending eMails

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

hans.huber

POP3/SMTP Plugin Sending eMails

Post by *hans.huber »

Hi,

I was wondering if there is an good way to come around the following error (I'm trying to send .eml files):

sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts

This happens, if the domain in the To: filed is not the domain of the smtp server. I guess it has to do with anti spamming of certain providers. I was thinking that if From: domain is the same as the smtp server it should work anyway. Do I oversee the obvious? Is the authentication not working properly? Should the plugin connect automatically to the mail hosts of the receiving domains?
What else is possible? e.g. play like beeing an smtp server?
Any ideas?

-----

Thank you all for the plugins and the TotalCommander
h.h
André Martin

Post by *André Martin »

SMTP servers prohibit relaying either if you are trying to send emails without authentication (to prevent spamming) or the server does not support relaying at all. Just check your authentication settings in the SMTP field.
The plugin uses the AUTH (RFC2554) command for authentication which is accepted by 99% of all SMTP servers...
Btw. the plugin does not support end-to-end delivery. This is planned for version 1.3 where I am currently working on.
Browse the web with the HTTP SmartBrowserPlugin
Check your mails with the POP3/SMTP EmailPlugin!
hans.huber

Post by *hans.huber »

Thank you for the answer.

Accroding to the history file:
17.02.03 Added: New key in IniFile: SMTPServer=smtp.domain.com (PA)

Does the (PA) mean, that this is not yet supported in the FS Plugin? I tried to add this line to the ini file (with userid/password and in a 2nd try with userid/EncodedPW). I tried several servers, it did still fail. I then closed one instance of TotalCommander 5.51 (two where doing comparisons/download) to make sure that the ini file is read (this was my hope). But it still could not deliver the eMail. Would I have to close all instancec or is there some little animal hidden somewhere?
André Martin

Post by *André Martin »

Acording to the history file there is a second entry:

10.01.03 Added: New key in IniFile: SMTPServer=smtp.domain.com (FS)

so it is supported by both versions... :-)
Please check if it possible to send mails from your computer with a standard mailclient such as Outlook or Netscape Messenger (with same userid and pwds you are using with the plugin) and tell me if you get the same error.
Btw. are you behind a firewall?