Custom Views

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Jungle

Custom Views

Post by *Jungle »

1. while configuring my custom column set i can change every tag alignment to left or right, but all column captions are always left-aligned. is it possible to change? if not, this is my small feature request.

btw, why is there no center alignment?

2. in the brief view pressing LEFT or RIGHT ARROW keys results in cursor moving up or down the file list by some positions. but in all other views it doesn't work - cursor just disappears. can it be reconfigured by some way? if not, this is another FR.

3. Why is the text in the tag field always inserted at the end of the string but not at the current cursor position?

Thanks.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

in the brief view pressing LEFT or RIGHT ARROW keys results in cursor moving up or down the file list by some positions. but in all other views it doesn't work - cursor just disappears.
:) It does not, it activates the command line.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Jungle

Post by *Jungle »

Hacker wrote:
in the brief view pressing LEFT or RIGHT ARROW keys results in cursor moving up or down the file list by some positions. but in all other views it doesn't work - cursor just disappears.
:) It does not, it activates the command line.
in my case com. line is always visible but in the brief view it's not activated. imho, pressing any symbol or eg CTRL+ENTER etc is quite enough for com. line activating.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

imho, pressing any symbol or eg CTRL+ENTER etc is quite enough for com. line activating.
Well, that might not be the case for people who press letters for quicksearch.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Jungle

Post by *Jungle »

Hacker wrote:
imho, pressing any symbol or eg CTRL+ENTER etc is quite enough for com. line activating.
Well, that might not be the case for people who press letters for quicksearch.
OK, but it might be configurable feature. if someone won't use Left and Right ARROWS for navigating it can be switched off, for example.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

I activate the command line normally with the right/left arrow keys, and have mapped shift/left shift/right to changing focus left/right.

The only problem with that is when the command line is active I can't use shift (left|right) to select text - instead focus changes... unlike when the addressbar is active shift (left|right) is able to select text.
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

Balderstrom wrote:have mapped shift/left shift/right to changing focus left/right.

The only problem with that is when the command line is active I can't use shift (left|right) to select text - instead focus changes... unlike when the addressbar is active shift (left|right) is able to select text.
You will also get problems if you are on short or Thumbnail-view. Then you switch with left/right to the next row and not to command line.

Maybe you want to use the cm_FocusCmdLine to set a different hotkey to activate the command-line.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Jungle

Post by *Jungle »

One more question. Is it possible to assign my custom view to file type (extension)?
If no - there is a FR again. I'd like TC to switch automatically to corresponding view when i move to the file with different extension. and if the extension has no it's own view, the current view should be set to default (configurable). Of course it should be optional (not all users are so mad as i am :))
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Jungle
One more question. Is it possible to assign my custom view to file type (extension)?
If no - there is a FR again. I'd like TC to switch automatically to corresponding view when i move to the file with different extension. and if the extension has no it's own view, the current view should be set to default (configurable). Of course it should be optional (not all users are so mad as i am Smile)
Well this would be really confusing. I really recommand you to use quickinfos which can be defined by filetype. Some information on this:
http://www.ghisler.ch/wiki/index.php/Quickinfo

It would be useful to assign the field contents by filetype as described here:
http://www.ghisler.ch/wiki/index.php/Define_field_contents_per_filetype
Jungle

Post by *Jungle »

As i understand it is all about tooltips. I don't like it. What about something like status bar with the same info for the current highlighted file? for example, i don't enable the bar with function buttons (F7, F5 etc) so i would better enable such a file info bar.