CTRL+B question

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

krojc

CTRL+B question

Post by *krojc »

One of the most useful shortcuts must be Ctrl+B! I wonder if it's possible to use this shortcut tu open different levels of directories; like First level dirs + files in top directory or second level dirs + files in top and first level folder...
I would find such actions extremely useful while manualy sorting.

One more...
Is it possible to color files manually; not by extension! I find myself trapped in files with 8 digit filename without extension and just 3 among those I need to edit the next day. It would be great if I coud somehow add somekind of color coded priority. I'm aware of descriptions, but they are not striking enough...
Last edited by krojc on 2011-02-15, 23:01 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Clo

Re: CTRL+B question

Post by *Clo »

krojc wrote:One of the most useful shortcuts must be Ctrl+B! I wonder if it's possible to use this shortcut tu open different levels of directories; like First level dirs + files in top directory or second level dirs + files in top and first level folder...

One more...
Is it possible to color files manually; not by extension! I find myself trapped in files with 8 digit filename without extension and just 3 among those I need to edit the next day. It would be great if I coud somehow add somekind of color coded priority. I'm aware of descriptions, but they are not striking enough...
:D Hi!
Hoping I well understood your issue...
¤ For files having none extension, I created a file-type, and assigned and home-made icon to it...
¤ However, I didn't try a colour for such a type, but it's possible it works...
EDIT: I tested, that works. In the file-types colours dialog, just add a type, for which you type only *. Then, choose a colour, as usual.
:( There is an inconvenience: The directories-names takes too that colour! TC "sees" them like the same thing, since they have none extension!
• Anectote: in old DOS / Win 3.1, I used to add an extension to dirs, in order to obtain a 11-character name, instead a 8-character name allowed only!
¤ About comments info-balloons, you can, i.e. increase a bit the font size for them /change font-face in Windows settings >> Display>>> Appearance (or so, my Win is in French!), set also a balloon-background as yellow, and set the font as <bold / black>. That becomes much more visible!
:wink: Glad to hear more about this,
:mrgreen: kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Last edited by Clo on 2004-01-12, 00:43 UTC, edited 3 times in total.
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2krojc
One of the most useful shortcuts must be Ctrl+B! I wonder if it's possible to use this shortcut tu open different levels of directories; like First level dirs + files in top directory or second level dirs + files in top and first level folder...
Defining the branch view depth is on the wishlist
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2019 (it's a german thread)
krojc

Post by *krojc »

2Lefteous
I rarely check German forum, so thanks!

About those colors! I need to mark specific files without extension among thousends, which I usually do with adding "-" at the begining of the name. This allows me to "SEE" these files on the top of the filelist. What I wanted to ask is if it's possible to color only those files I want; like priority messages in most email programs.
Clo

Files, not dirs!

Post by *Clo »

2krojc
:) Hi again!
¤ Your problem is ticklish… Because I'm interested in it too, I open a thread about this, hoping to get a solution:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2957
:| Most certainly, a particular colour for your files without extension should be the best…Trying to help, I thought to:
  • • Set a colour, like described above, but which could be acceptable for the dir-names too - so, not too light…
    • If you didn't choose that already, place the extension directly after the file-name:
    Options :arrow: Tabstops "Show file extension" :arrow: Tick the radio-button "directly after file-name".
8) Hence, the extension lack shall be obviouser.
:wink: Finally, I've got my fingers crossed for some clever user (or the Author) finds the trick! Wait and see!
:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Err, doesn't a filter like *. work? (You probably also have to unselect the directory attribute under advanced if you want to exclude directories.)

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Clo

Solved, but---

Post by *Clo »

2Hacker
Hi Roman,
¤ The problem is -partially- solved, at least about the files without extension colouring. (!)
¤ Please, broswe the topic:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2957 especially page #2 & #3...
Warning: there is an army of smilies!
• Currently, TC doesn't support appropriate features to fully solve the problem of none-extension file type sorting, so I spent some of my last neurons hoping a TC improvement:
Image: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/charries/relais/types-colours-st.png
:wink: Christian G. has the link already for some hours... Normal, he's the Boss!
* Note: The "Edit..." function should be no longer needed...
:D Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Please, broswe the topic:
Yeah, seen it later on... that's what I get when two threads on the same topic are started...
:)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

I don't know why this request isn't yet implemented.
With this I refer to branch view with level depth.

I wanted to request this feature. I see the date of this post is 2 years old.
Is this going to be implemented or no ?
We are not doing this just for the money.
We are doing it for sh*t load of money.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
Clo

The Deep Well---

Post by *Clo »

2majkinetor
:) Hi !
I wanted to request this feature. I see the date of this post is 2 years old.
Is this going to be implemented or no ?
:| I do have at least two tens of such fake screen shots proposing features and¦or improvements…
- I just checked this again yesterday at night, sad…
- I think there is a Deep Well somewhere in which these ideas fell down into… Restarting this request, you risk simply to get the usual "custard pie" :
"Custom columns via Content Plugin", though I don't know if the quite appropriate plugin exists yet… and that a built-in function should be much more faster and handier to use…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

Hi Clo & happy new year
I think there is a Deep Well somewhere in which these ideas fell down into…
Don't know anything about this, but it sounds like some hell of place to be, even if you are just an idea.

Did you find any workaround for this. I found level controled branching to be very useful in selection and sortng
We are not doing this just for the money.
We are doing it for sh*t load of money.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
Clo

Nope

Post by *Clo »

:) Hi ! Bonne Année !
Did you find any workaround for this…
• Nope…
- Like you can see from the links in that old thread, my own issues had been solved with a big help of Lefteous and others.
- But the original problem - to sort and colour files without extensions according to criteria else than the usual ones (date, size) - is not solved yet, AFAIK.
- It was the user krojc's issue, but he didn't define precisely which criteria he needed, so I thought and proposed the name-lenght as an useful criterion :roll:

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo