Problems installing 7-Zip 0.4.8

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

aguirRe

Problems installing 7-Zip 0.4.8

Post by *aguirRe »

I'm having problems updating to the new 7-Zip 0.4.8 plugin. TC 6.53 refuses to load it, "not valid plugin". Reverting to 0.4.7 works fine.

The 0.4.8 archive is OK and I've tried uninstalling 0.4.7 separately beforehand. I've also tried unpacking the new wcx manually with UPX, but nothing helps, TC won't load it.

Any ideas?
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Check the MD5 hash, is it the same?
055abcba1cde877090dbeccd0bbda42c

Icfu
This account is for sale
frenky

Post by *frenky »

Check that you have all libraries that are required by plugin also.

Install Fileinfo lister plugin from http://physio-a.univ-tours.fr/tcplugins/ and check "Dll Dependency" tab for missing libraries.
Ambiguity succeeds where honesty dares not venture.
aguirRe

Post by *aguirRe »

Thanks for the suggestions, yes md5 on zip seems OK. I also installed and checked the new 7-zip wcx using the Fileinfo plugin (which btw installed without problems) and I couldn't see anything strange. Four basic system DLLs were requested and they all exist (I tried testing the imported functions as well).

My machine is running Win95 OSR2, but I can't see that being an obvious problem and the previous 0.4.7 works reasonably well (some minor glitches). I've tried installing the new 0.4.8 both by simple copying from zip (as I did with 0.4.7) and also following auto-install when opening the plugin archive. TC just reports "not a valid plugin".

Any other ideas?
aguirRe

Post by *aguirRe »

Hmm, after manually changing the Fileinfo DLL search depth to 4, I actually got a yellow exclamation warning on kernel32.dll. It doesn't tell me which entry that's missing, but this indicates that it might be a platform issue after all ... :(

Is it possible to see what link that cannot be resolved?
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

aguirRe

Post by *aguirRe »

After checking all the other wcx/wlx files with Fileinfo, I now see that they also have the same yellow exclamation mark in front of kernel32.dll and since they all seem to work, why doesn't the new 0.4.8?