English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

versalzen
Power Member
Power Member

if plugin archive is broken on installation, tc don't stop

Post by *versalzen »

hi,
today, i dl'ed a plugin, but the archive was broken, but i didnt know.
i installed it the normal way: i entered the archive inside tc and answered the question 'yes'
then the installation starts. question to override 'yes', because i had an earlier version.
anywhen tc encounters the error in the zip file (while copying, i think) and told me the the archive is broken.
but after that, the installation was going on with the screen to configure the plugins to tc.

the second time, i tried this (to verify what i have seen), after tc said, that the archive is broken, a popup comes up: "error loadin plugin file! the plug needs some dll missing on my system" (btw: the message was in english, but i installed a german version of TC)

after presing ok, the lister-plugins dialog came up. and i pressed ok.

it might be better to check the archive before, and, if broken (or somewhat) the configuration dialogs doesnt have to come.
Was nützt der Löffel für die Weisheit, wenn man zu weit vom Suppentopf entfernt sitzt?

Mario
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

the message was in english, but i installed a german version of TC
This means, the message is not raised by TC, but your OS.

The plugin installation process worked fine :
- copy files
- insert a line in WINCMD.INI file

Even the final loading of the plugin file (*.wlx in your case) failed due to a missing DLL.

It was an internal failure of the plugin ! The autor has already replace it by the old version ...
#5767 Personal license
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

It was an internal failure of the plugin ! The autor has already replace it by the old version ...
Actually it is not a plugin error. The missing DLL is part of the plugin archive. Anyway, best thing is to put this 'missing' DLL to your Windows system directory. Or I will think about an installer setup...
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
versalzen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *versalzen »

hello sqa_wizard & tbeu,

fist, i solved the problem with a uncorrupted archive :-)

the point is not to do some windowslike stuff like copying something into some sort of windows-systemfolder, but to prevent errormessages like this one. so, it would be useful to check the installed archive *before* extracting it and installing the files.

thats the only thing i wanted to say :)
Was nützt der Löffel für die Weisheit, wenn man zu weit vom Suppentopf entfernt sitzt?

Mario