Translation of the TC's help in Bulgarian

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Tragedy

Translation of the TC's help in Bulgarian

Post by *Tragedy »

Hello,

I am fan of the translations and writing reviews of ineteresting programs (of course in my native language). I was about to start writing a review of my most favorite application (no kidding :) ) but then I thought that I should ask the author if I can translate the help files and then to post them here.

I also wrote a suggestion of tranlation of the site in Bulgarian but I received no reply. I'll do it with pleasure as this is going to have double benefit - more poeple from my country will learn for this program and the popularity of the site will rise.

I know that there is a translation of the program itself but some time ago it was not updated and I would love to do it.

I would apreciate an answer to my three questions from the administrators. I know that they sound a bit naive but I just like to help the people.

Thank you.
In The Darkness We All Shall Rise!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for your offer, but Total Commander isn't very popular in Bulgaria, and the help is HUGE - it would really be a lot of work for nothing...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Tragedy

Post by *Tragedy »

Well, I am going to translate it for the people that asked for help (if it is not illegal) because I strongly believa that this will help a lot of people.

For the site,s translation - I can agree that you will not have too big benefit like from the german translation but I still can not find why not to make a Bulgarian translation next to the others.

For the program translation - you didn't say anything.

At the end - I was offering something that will cost you nothing (if you don't consider uploading the translated pages or help file an effort) and which could help 10, 100, 10 000 people from my country to understand better your product. I know that the call is yours as creator and admin so if you decide something else...

Tragedy
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

if it is not illegal
Feel free to do it, I have no objections.
For the site,s translation - I can agree that you will not have too big benefit like from the german translation but I still can not find why not to make a Bulgarian translation next to the others.
The problem is the maintenance: It's already a lot of work to update everything 3 times, e.g. when a new plugin is added, or when publishing a new version. And this is with 3 languages which I know! Since I don't understand Bulgarian, I couldn't even update the pages in such a case. That's why I also don't have any pages in other lanuages like Polish or Czech, although the program is very popular in these countries.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Tragedy

Post by *Tragedy »

ghisler(Author) wrote: The problem is the maintenance: It's already a lot of work to update everything 3 times, e.g. when a new plugin is added, or when publishing a new version. And this is with 3 languages which I know! Since I don't understand Bulgarian, I couldn't even update the pages in such a case. That's why I also don't have any pages in other lanuages like Polish or Czech, although the program is very popular in these countries.
I agree, but do you have to do it by yourslef?

I will give you and example - http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net - one of my projects. Whenever there is update of the site of the version, Don (the author) send me the pages and I translate them withing an hour or so and then I send them back and he posts them.

Let's say that there is a plugin and you have to add it in the plugins page. What do you do in the english version - just add the new info before the other. You will already have the bulgarian version so I will have to add the info for the new plugin in Bulgarian and send you back the page. I can even translate over the English version and just substitude the text and keep the formating :)

There is always a way :)

I apologize if pushing too hard on this issue but I just want to help my countrymen and this is the way I can do it (translating programs, sites an writing reviews).