Two bugs; extract directory from ZIP and editor font size

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Thunderchild

Two bugs; extract directory from ZIP and editor font size

Post by *Thunderchild »

Hello

I've been using TC ever since I own PDAs (~4 years now). That's quite a tool. SO here are the issues:

1) Extracting a directory from ZIP archives
I recently switched to an iPaq 1950 running WinMob5. When I want to extract a directory out of an achive, instead of the directory, TC creates a file with the name of the directory and with a size of 0. Additionally, this file is still used by TC so I can't delete it until TC is restarted (just found this one out - before that I performed soft resets).

2) As a fan of Tahoma 8pt I want to set the editor's font to this. But while 7pt and 9pt are shown correctly, the 8pt font is just a 7pt with more line spacing. If I switched the font and want to revert to 8pt I only found the workaround to delete the font settings from the registry.

Edit:
3) When I select a couple of files within a zipped folder for extraction and select a target directory using the Tree button, then the new path becomes <Target path>\<Name of the zip file>. Is that trailing <Name of the zip file> meant to be there?
Gruß | Greetings | Quapla'
"All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I recently switched to an iPaq 1950 running WinMob5. When I want to extract a directory out of an achive, instead of the directory, TC creates a file with the name of the directory and with a size of 0. Additionally, this file is still used by TC so I can't delete it until TC is restarted (just found this one out - before that I performed soft resets).
Sounds like a malformed ZIP archive where a folder has the attributes of a file. Could you send me a small sample zip by e-mail, please (max 100k)?
2) As a fan of Tahoma 8pt I want to set the editor's font to this. But while 7pt and 9pt are shown correctly, the 8pt font is just a 7pt with more line spacing. If I switched the font and want to revert to 8pt I only found the workaround to delete the font settings from the registry.
Sorry, I have no idea what the problem is. :(
3) When I select a couple of files within a zipped folder for extraction and select a target directory using the Tree button, then the new path becomes <Target path>\<Name of the zip file>. Is that trailing <Name of the zip file> meant to be there?
That doesn't sound right, I will check that.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Thunderchild

Post by *Thunderchild »

ghisler(Author) wrote:
Sounds like a malformed ZIP archive where a folder has the attributes of a file. Could you send me a small sample zip by e-mail, please (max 100k)?
Done.

The zips were all created using TC (I backed up My Documents and the start menu because I needed to hard reset the device). Both of these folders contain several subdirectories. Also, I could extract the two files normally on my old WinMob2003 device, so it must have something to do with the WinMob5 file system or something else that has changed (CreateDirectory function maybe? For instance I'd check whether a trailing \ must or must not be present).

Addendum: the extraction works when the selected directory already exists and thus doesn't have to be created.
Gruß | Greetings | Quapla'
"All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I could extract the two files normally on my old WinMob2003 device, so it must have something to do with the WinMob5 file system
Ah, that's interesting info - I will try it with the WM5 emulator.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com