Move mouse pointer to default button in dialog boxes

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Move mouse pointer to default button in dialog boxes

Post by *tbeu »

I have activated the option "Move mouse pointer to the default button in dialog boxes" on Win2k, but this seems not to work with TC (5.51), for instance the FTP dialog. Any ideas ... ?

Thanks,
TBeu
Dominik

Post by *Dominik »

TC is designed for fast work,which means you better use the keyboard.It's 100 times faster than moving and clicking with the mouse.Using mouse in TC is like digging 100m wide hole with shovel if you have a excavator...
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

I also, like Dominik, prefer keyboard, although I haven't checked if it's really 100 times faster.... I must count it... :-)

I don't like the option "Move to default" but I've checked it now with A4tech Wheel 3DMouse and... it's true :-(
TC ignores it.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Dominik

Post by *Dominik »

djk wrote:I also, like Dominik, prefer keyboard, although I haven't checked if it's really 100 times faster.... I must count it... :-)

I don't like the option "Move to default" but I've checked it now with A4tech Wheel 3DMouse and... it's true :-(
TC ignores it.
LOL,here's a short example:
F5,Enter - 10ms
click "copy",move the mouse to "OK" button & click - 1 sec

so it's really 100 times faster :wink:

anyway,i have no clue why it doesnt work with TC,maybe it doesnt have "defaultbutton" defined... i'm not into programming so i dont wanna say sh*t
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2tbeu Well, it is works. :) But TC's dialogs dowsn't contain "default" button. Windows call "default" button which have special style (DEFPUSHBUTTON). TC doesn't use this style.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Total Commander is written in Delphi. Delphi doesn't seem to use the DEFPUSHBUTTON for default buttons - it uses its own subclassed buttons, which do have the default attribute, though. So drivers looking for DEFPUSHBUTTON will not work with TC, but drivers looking for the button with the default attribute will work. For example, it works with my Intellimouse...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Dominik

Post by *Dominik »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Total Commander is written in Delphi. Delphi doesn't seem to use the DEFPUSHBUTTON for default buttons - it uses its own subclassed buttons, which do have the default attribute, though. So drivers looking for DEFPUSHBUTTON will not work with TC, but drivers looking for the button with the default attribute will work. For example, it works with my Intellimouse...
So this is a driver issue,not a missing feature in TC...
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Move mouse pointer to default button in dialog boxes

Post by *tbeu »

Fixed in TC 9.50 32- and 64-bit version. Thank you.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Confirmed. Fixed since TC 950rc1:
history.txt wrote:22.01.20 Fixed: Mouse cursor didn't jump to default button when this option was enabled in control panel - mouse (32/64)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

I only replied here since it was my first ever issue I reported to the TC forum and the reason I registered for it.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more