Best Uninstall Programs Plugin?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Best Uninstall Programs Plugin?

Post by *Boofo »

Can anyone tell me what the best file plug-in for uninstalling programs is? There are a few of them around and I was wondering if someone had an opinion on any of them. Thanks in advance. ;)
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

I prefer UnInstaller v1.2 :-)
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Just curious, any special reason why you prefer that one? And are there any real differences?
za222

Post by *za222 »

UninstallER 1.2 is faster, because it doesn't schow the size of the programs (which is not needed IMHO)

Also, it has the ability do delete an entry from the registry:
RETURN = Uninstall
DEL = Delete entry from reg
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

za222 wrote:UninstallER 1.2 is faster, because it doesn't schow the size of the programs (which is not needed IMHO)

Also, it has the ability do delete an entry from the registry:
RETURN = Uninstall
DEL = Delete entry from reg
That's good to know. Thanks! ;) It doesn't come with any file to really say what it does (in English, anyway). Would you hit tjhe return key and then the delete key or the other way around (to get the program un-installed and the registry cleared of the program)?
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Just like za222 said, UninstallER 1.2 is faster and allows to delete the registry keys if for example the program was unistalled (deleted) manually and the registry key still exists.
And although Uninstall 1.0 (the second plugin) shows the size and date of installation - it doesnt't do it for all programs so it looks a bit strange, while for one program it does and for another it doesn't do it.
It looks like the plugin was corrupted. :-(
Boofo wrote: Would you hit tjhe return key and then the delete key or the other way around (to get the program un-installed and the registry cleared of the program)?
Pressing ENTER on the program uninstall it and delete the key from the registry so you don't have to press DELETE additionaly.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Thank you very much for the quick answers. ;) I'll go with the one you suggested then. I was using the other one for a while but thought I would try the newer one and it seems to be faster (as you say). The register key delete option is an added bonus. Thanks again. ;)