PassStore 0.61 - Updated to 64-bit (28/11/11)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ND

Post by *ND »

pajo wrote:good database shows...
corupt database shows...
The two sections are identical...
aNDreas Bolotă
The truth always carries the ambiguity of the words used to express it. (Frank Herbert, God Emperor of Dune)
djorge

Post by *djorge »

2pajo
Did you add in xml encrypt="true" to title and url of all encrypted entries?

Can you check if with debuglogging=1 it also crash?

I know there is a problem but i did not found it yet....
Personal License #117854
pajo

Post by *pajo »

2ND

sorry copy-paste...this is the thing, working database is shown like this:
<url></url>
<notes></notes>
<image></image>

and corupt one:

<url />
<notes />
<image />

2Author
Yes I follow upgrade procedure, and everything went fine.
SALT string is added. Strange thing is happening. Plugin works fine after upgrade, but when I restart TC and after I input password, access violation message is shown. Still I can enetr plug in but lots of enetries are missing. When I check database all entries are in there.So I compare two database one good and one corupted and and omly differences are desciribed above.Sometimes it's working fine for couple of time and after that strange behavior is back.
pajo

Post by *pajo »

2Author

Maybe bug:
I carrie mine TC on USB stick, no other FS plugin works if I unplug stick from USB port.

behavior:
unlock passstore
unplug stick from USB port
plugin still works no matter that databse is no longer present
pajo

Post by *pajo »

Another thing:

lots of folderthat I created are not visible in plugin but there are selectable in drop down menu if I wonna create new entry
pajo

Post by *pajo »

Is someone manage to make it work (ver 0.43)?
ND

Post by *ND »

pajo wrote:someone manage to make it work?
I have PassStore v0.43 working with no problems. There are <tag /> entries in my database.xml only for empty fields, such as notes, image and lastmodtime. I run TC 5.50 and 6.55 from PC install, and TC 6.55 from USB stick.

The differences I have: there are no custom folders (only default folders Email, Internet, Windows, etc.) and all my URL fields contain something (to identify exactly where password is used). Also, I don't unplug USB stick while TC (or anything else) is running from it.

You should add more info to help djorge debug your problems, like on what system you are running TC, what is the exact content of the error message, how large is your database.xml, the output after you write debuglogging=1 in the PassStore.ini file, etc.
aNDreas Bolotă
The truth always carries the ambiguity of the words used to express it. (Frank Herbert, God Emperor of Dune)
pajo

Post by *pajo »

2ND and author

I tried lots of ways to make it work, but no luck.
I even tried clean install and input mine entries manually.
Behavior was same after. everthing works fine until I restart TC, then i get access violation message and lots of entries missing. I guess fault is in one of mine entries. I got them 165.I have lots of custom dirs but I tried to put all of mine entries in defalt dirs but without luck.In mine last attempt I erased all dirs except 3 default ones and then I upgrade plugin.
two wont work with third one which work perficly alone so I'm little confused.There is no two idetical entries.
I will try to find the problem and get back to you guys.

mine conf: win XPSP2, TC 6.55
pajo

Post by *pajo »

Another thing, when I edit databse manually all enries are ther but they are not visible in plugin, entries are gone from database if I make any changes (delete ar add entry in plugin).
pajo

Post by *pajo »

2Author

bug report.
I tested mine entries one by one. After each change I backed up databse I compareit to previous one. Finally I found one entrie that made crashes. Nothing strange in it, no special characters or something.
In comparision of databases I noticed that plugin also made changes on <tag />s on one entrie that I changed before .It simply remove <url></url>
and <notes></notes and replace it with <url /> and <notes/> and on crashing entrie it remain doulbe tags.
I found out that only way to make it work to put some entries in note and url field of crashing entrie through plugin and only then I could proceed without crash.I also tried to erase crashing entrie but crash hapened again on next run.
So somewhere there were double tags somwhere only one tag and plugin was working. If I tried manualy to put only one tag, plugin chrases next time when I tried to log in.
I hope that I made you easier to find out the problem.

Lookig forward to next version :-)
djorge

Post by *djorge »

My holidays are almost over...

I can see that latest version has some problems.
Another thing, when I edit databse manually all enries are ther but they are not visible in plugin, entries are gone from database if I make any changes (delete ar add entry in plugin).
The plugin read the complete xml file when you enter plugin. If you change/add/remove entry from xml with a text editor, changes will only appear if you restart TC.
...then i get access violation message and lots of entries missing...
It happened once me too.

I will concentrate on fixing these problems.
Personal License #117854
pajo

Post by *pajo »

[/quote]
The plugin read the complete xml file when you enter plugin. If you change/add/remove entry from xml with a text editor, changes will only appear if you restart TC.

All mine entries are visible in database but I can't see them in plugin.
pajo

Post by *pajo »

2Author

any news?
djorge

Post by *djorge »

I have returned from holidays today. I hope i can check the code this week.

I am still using the previous version at work and that version is stable, but without encryption in title,url and notes.

Maybe i will rewrite the code again (from 0.4 to 0.43).

Is it still crashing? Did you find something that can help me find the problem?
Personal License #117854
pajo

Post by *pajo »

2Author

yes it's still crashing.I'm back on 40.4 version witch is stable.
I found out that plug in changes <tag />s. Look in mine post above from Aug 21 where I explain what I found out.

If I could be of some help please let me know