Breadcumbs on toplevel causes problems with zip files

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I'm sorry I wasn't referring to the separate tree but to the file list where the zip files are displayed as files not as directories.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Therefore TC lists them in virtual folders as the breadcrumb bar, but cannot access them because they are special Explorer folders. There is NO solution, sorry. Just don't put any ZIP files in virtual folders.
I can acces zip files (shown as folders) in \\My Documents and \\Shared Documents from Breadcrumb menu, Separate tree ( Shift+Ctrl+F8 ) and Normal tree ( Ctrl+F8 ).

On the other hand, I can only access zip files in \\Fonts (subdir to Control Panel) from Separate and Normal tree, but not from the Breadcrumb bar - here I get a "Ding" when I hover the Fonts dir under Control panel.

\\Desktop does not show zip files as dirs but as files.

I don't know of other virtual folder where I can manage to put a zip file.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
FFInformatik

Post by *FFInformatik »

I see the problem.
But this leads to other strange behavior. On \\Eigene Dateien\*.* click on the first \ or on the field to edit the path and TC will try to create a network connection to \\Eigene Dateien.
remember the old days at Fides, the Cyber and NOS/VE