When will begin the 2011's beta / rc TC update?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

xmeron

Post by *xmeron »

Sir_SiLvA wrote:TC is WINDOWS filemanager
It's already not Windows Commander FileManager, it has been changed to Total Commander FileManager from long long ago. Total, means All! :D
Sir_SiLvA wrote: use TC under *nix try Wine
Since TC has already ported to a cross-platform develop IDE,
and also as the website of Lazarus said: "......it's easy to transfer to other platform......a GUI app developed on one platform (for example, Windows) can be compiled on another platform (for example, OS X or Linux) without any changes to the form design or the form code files ......",
I think, maybe it's a best opportunity to let TC to occupy the other platforms, e.g. MacOS.
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

2xmeron
You are totally .... - the Windows was changed to Total because Micisoft requested it not because TC runs everywhere.
TC uses Windows-Api-Functions so yes its a WINDOWS File-Manager.

And I see You have no clue about coding just because Lazarus, C++, or whatever enables you to code Multi-Platform you cant say to Lazerus compile it for Mac and voilá...yes you can ofc compile the TC Layout easy for Mac but it wouldnt have ANY functions at all...
Hoecker sie sind raus!
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

yes and even when the UI _runs_ on OS X that doesn't mean it's a Mac application.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Therefore I will now begin to fix bugs and add new features.
Nice to hear there's much progress. Wouldn't it be better to release a TC8 beta as is (without any new major features at least), in order to pass a test period by the users (validating that indeed everything works OK) before adding new stuff?
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
marv-in

Post by *marv-in »

wanderer wrote:Nice to hear there's much progress. Wouldn't it be better to release a TC8 beta as is (without any new major features at least), in order to pass a test period by the users (validating that indeed everything works OK) before adding new stuff?
I second to that, it would be awesome to have ability to help with testing TC8 (64 bit).
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

2marv-in
Chris has a fix group of Beta testers.
Hoecker sie sind raus!
Clo

64 owners---

Post by *Clo »

2Sir_SiLvA

:) Hi !
Chris has a fix group of Beta testers.
• Right, but currently all don't own a 64-bit PC… For instance, I've not any :(

- Thus, the Author could -perhaps- add a few 64-bit PC owners to the current beta-team. :roll:

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I fear that with additional testers the risk of a leaked beta would be very high. Therefore I could as well release a public 64-bit beta myself, of course with the necessary warnings...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
marv-in

Post by *marv-in »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I fear that with additional testers the risk of a leaked beta would be very high. Therefore I could as well release a public 64-bit beta myself, of course with the necessary warnings...
Thank you for reply. Public beta would be fair enough. I would love to participate in beta-testing to help release new version of TC sooner.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2ghisler(Author)
Weren't such risk lower in the past thanks to the per user exe files?
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

wseifert

Post by *wseifert »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I fear that with additional testers the risk of a leaked beta would be very high. Therefore I could as well release a public 64-bit beta myself, of course with the necessary warnings...
It would be a great idea to post a public beta of the 64 bit version, I am working only on 64 bit machines (@work and @home), 32 bit TC is sometimes not very easy to use on such systems ...

Werner Seifert
Johannes Kepler Univercity Linz/Austria
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

wseifert wrote: I am working only on 64 bit machines (@work and @home), 32 bit TC is sometimes not very easy to use on such systems ...
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Hoecker sie sind raus!
wseifert

Post by *wseifert »

Sir_SiLvA wrote:
wseifert wrote: I am working only on 64 bit machines (@work and @home), 32 bit TC is sometimes not very easy to use on such systems ...
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
What is unclear ? For example if you have Novell Client 64 Bit (2.1) installed, properties of a file exists two times, 32 Bit version, 64 bit version; All attributes are only in 64 bit version visible ...
Werner Seifert
Johannes Kepler University Linz/Austria