PassStore 0.61 - Updated to 64-bit (28/11/11)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

djorge wrote:2TucknDar
Do you have the VC8 dlls in your system and PassStore 0.25 fixed?
If yes, turn debug mode on (see readme) and send it to me.
It would be nice if I was able to import passwords, from for instance an exported KeePass database.
This is also planned. Stay tunned.
Any news on the import djorge?

Regards,

RolandD
Registered user #92105
djorge

Post by *djorge »

Any news on the import djorge?
I'm kind in the midle of implementation of keydisk mechanism, but right now my time is a litle limited because i'm going to work in another town and i have to find a place to live.

I will have much more time for the plugin as soon as i move to my new town which will happen in April.

Regarding the import from keepass, i will try to get it done in the new version, which i hope to release in April.
Personal License #117854
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

keydisk mechanism :roll: What is that?

OT:
I know what you mean moving for work. I moved last weekend close to my job. Now it is 2km, used to be 90km. Been driving that for a year. :shock:
Good luck on the move :)

I can wait till April :lol:

Regards,

RolandD
Registered user #92105
djorge

Post by *djorge »

keydisk mechanism Rolling Eyes What is that?
It's a feature that is also present in keepass. It is basically a file with your key encrypted. Instead of asking the password it will read the keydisk (file with the key encrypted).

It might be usefull in some cases. Imagine if you work in a company where "My Documents" is a mapped drive. If you store your keydisk in your "My Documents" that only you have access after loggin in. Or the keydisk could be stored in a USB keydrive.

OT:
At weekend i drive 200km to my hometown and 25km every day to work (50 both ways).
I'm tired of that life.
Personal License #117854
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

Ohhhh, that sounds very cool. Shouldn't lose my USB stick then :P

I can't seem to find an option to keep "Default Auto Type Window is ON" set after rebooting my computer. Can this be set somewhere?

Regards,

RolandD
Registered user #92105
djorge

Post by *djorge »

Currently is not possible. I will add an ini entry to keep the state in next version.
Personal License #117854
djorge

Post by *djorge »

For me it matches postbank.nl* also with post

I would assume that it would at least match the full word postbank.nl.
Rolandd, i trying to correct this problem, but i need more information.

You have 2 entries, one with AutoTypeWindow: post* and another entry with AutoTypeWindow: postbank.nl*

Can you give me more detail please?
Personal License #117854
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

2djorge

The two windows I have are:
Mijn Postbank which has:
Auto-Type:{PASSWORD}~
Auto-Type-Window:postbank.nl*

and
Post which has the Notes field empty

So Mijn Postbank and Post are the names of the entries (like filename).

Do you need more info?

EDIT: I also found that when I have a @ in my username, it doesn't get pasted. So me@somewhere.com becomes mesomewhere.com

Regards,

RolandD
Registered user #92105
ND

Post by *ND »

rolandd wrote:I also found that when I have a @ in my username, it doesn't get pasted
This comes from KeePass behavior on Auto-Type (@ means Windows key).
I'm hoping that in a future version of PassStore djorge can convert the special chars before calling the Auto-Type functions, like +={ADD}, /={DIVIDE}, etc. In the meantime, you can use {AT} instead of @ in the UserName field.
aNDreas Bolotă
The truth always carries the ambiguity of the words used to express it. (Frank Herbert, God Emperor of Dune)
djorge

Post by *djorge »

'm hoping that in a future version of PassStore djorge can convert the special chars before calling the Auto-Type functions, like +={ADD}, /={DIVIDE}...
Some special chars are being converted already. I remember that i've had some problems with characters "[" and "]" therefore these ones are converted before calling the auto-type function.

I will add convertion to the "@" too.
Personal License #117854
djorge

Post by *djorge »

2rolandd
I've analysed and it works as it should because an entry that doesn't have Auto-Type-Window defined in the notes field which is the case of "Post" has a default Auto-Type-Window which is *{TITLE}*, in your case, *{Post}*.

Keepass has the same behavior.

You can define a Auto-Type-Window:Post to solve the problem and the entry won't appear anymore.
Personal License #117854
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

2djorge
Ok, thanks. It has been a while since I had a look at it but I still use Passstore every day :) The one thing I was wondering is the current status. Especially with keeping the Auto Type Window. At work I still run TC 6.55 simply because it is stable and safe but constantly I need to type in my password to auto type a window. At home I run TC 7 B5 and whether I turn it on or off, the auto type window continues to work :) Actually it is great. Not sure if it should though.

Regards,

RolandD
Registered user #92105
djorge

Post by *djorge »

Hi,
i know!! I've said before that i was to release a version in April and most of the code is already done with some bug fix included. The problem is that i've paused devel in midle of a feature (key-disk) because i'm moving to another job. Next friday will be my last day in my current job.

I can't promisse, but i will try to make a version with features (and fixes) that are already implemented.

I've alson done some corrections in the Auto-Type window that fix the behavior you are getting.
Personal License #117854
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

Hey djorge,

No pressure. Just wondering about the status. You said:
I've alson done some corrections in the Auto-Type window that fix the behavior you are getting.
You mean the behavior that Auto Type set or not is always active in TC 7 b5?

In some parts of my gray mass I seem to remember you were also working on importing the entries from Keepass. Is this still the case?

I hope you like your new job better :P

Your work is very much appreciated. Now I use Passstore more and more I see the benefits of the key-disk.

Regards,

Roland
Registered user #92105
djorge

Post by *djorge »

TC beta 5?!?!? I didn't know it was already there!!! But i've had the same behavior with TC 7 in earlier betas but it didn't happen all the time. I went to the code and found a bug. after the correction it worked ok. I will try to post a new version with the fixes soon....
In some parts of my gray mass I seem to remember you were also working on importing the entries from Keepass. Is this still the case?
To be honest i didn't begun yet witth this. After the key-disk feature.
Personal License #117854