[WLX] fileinfo 2.23 x32/x64 (May 2017)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fg_2002fr

Post by *fg_2002fr »

Hi all!

Just to see, I tried to recompile fileinfo with x64 compiler. With some modification, it finishes to compile but I can't try it.
I doubt it will work or even if it will launch. following is a link if you want to test it : size is 134KB
http://physio-a.univ-tours.fr/tcplugins/wlx64_fileinfo.zip

until x64 plugins will be rewritten, the (plugins] section in fileinfo.ini need to be emptied, and "Disassemble" must be set to 0.

As it was compiled with VisualStudio2008 with MFC it needs the corresponding redistributable pack (MFC90). you can find it here : http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15336
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Thank you, it works indeed. Well done! The reward is yours! :P

There is a small issue with the different font on all pages and the list of exported modules. Please compare Image: http://tbeu.de/forum/fileino32.png and Image: http://tbeu.de/forum/fileino64.png

P.S. I installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) which is the newer one.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Thanks you, fg_2002fr!

After installing redistributable pack TCx64 loaded plugin. But there are problems:

0. It is sad that it is now required to install 10M+ DLL pack for little plugin - maybe you can compile it with static libraries instead of dynamic ones?

1. There is a strange listbox... Look onto screenshot:

2. x64 doesn't display imported libraries and functions for 32-bit modules (screenshot is above).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2fg_2002fr
Thanks for recompiling! To avoid the usage of the C++ redistributable, please go to the project settings, then to:
C++ - Code generation - runtime library.
Set this to: Multi-threaded-Debug (/Mtd) <- not multithreaded debug dll !
Of course use the release option for the release version.

The ones with dll don't mean that you compile a dll - they mean that the C++ runtime functions are loaded from an external redistributable dll.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

There is also a general option for MFC: Configuration Properties - General, Use of MFC, Use MFC in a Static Library.
fg_2002fr

Post by *fg_2002fr »

here is a new link for x64 recompilation of fileinfo without need of redistributable MFC.
http://physio-a.univ-tours.fr/tcplugins/wlx64_fileinfo_woMFC.zip
the size doubled, it is why I prefer the dynamic link to MFC library.

I also corrected the strange "Imports/Exports" tab in both versions (dynamic and static libraries) for dynamic linked MFC use the previous link

These versions have still not been tested, I'm always using an old Windows XP and no one around me own a x64 version of windows. Perhaps the reward promised by Christian help me to buy Windows Seven.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

The new version shows a cursor as mouse pointer instead of usual arrow pointer.

Also I often get message "Une opération non prise en charge a été tentée."

Furthermore options like RememberAP do not work.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

fg_2002fr wrote:the size doubled, it is why I prefer the dynamic link to MFC library.
BTW, there was a bug in latest security patches to Visual Studio that caused statically-linked MFC applications grow in size drastically. MS fixed it for VS2008, but if you missed the update you could get code bloating because of it.
See here and here for details.
fg_2002fr wrote:and no one around me own a x64 version of windows
There are 30- and 90-day trial versions of different 64-bit Windows versions available on the MS site (e.g. 90-day Win7 Enterprise). If your processor supports 64-bit instruction set and hardware virtualization you can install them in a virtual machine for testing.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
fg_2002fr

Post by *fg_2002fr »

Flint wrote:There are 30- and 90-day trial versions of different 64-bit Windows versions available
thanks for this information. Now I can test my plugins in x64 version.

I tried first to install the dynamically-linked version of fileinfo, and it works without the redistributable pack. Seems that DLLs are already installed with Win7.

I haven't yet installed VisualC++ under win7, I will do that this week end.
fg_2002fr

Post by *fg_2002fr »

here is a new link for x64 recompilation of fileinfo without need of redistributable MFC.
http://physio-a.univ-tours.fr/tcplugins/wlx64_fileinfo_staticMFC.zip
Some errors have been corrected concerning Data Directory, Imports and exports sections.
MVV wrote:2. x64 doesn't display imported libraries and functions for 32-bit modules (screenshot is above).
should be working now.
tbeu wrote:The new version shows a cursor as mouse pointer instead of usual arrow pointer.
I don't know why, nothing has been changed for that.
tbeu wrote:Also I often get message "Une opération non prise en charge a été tentée."
this should be corrected.
tbeu wrote:Furthermore options like RememberAP do not work.
not yet corrected.

to Flint,
I installed SP1 and MS11-025 patch and recompile, but this didn't change the size of the library, I think I wasn't impacted by this bug, it's just the size of the additional code.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

fg_2002fr wrote:here is a new link for x64 recompilation of fileinfo without need of redistributable MFC.
http://physio-a.univ-tours.fr/tcplugins/wlx64_fileinfo_staticMFC.zip
Confirm that the plugin now works. Thanks for the update!

Some visual glitches still remain, however:
1. Fonts in the window are completely different from the 32-bit version (the File Properties and Image File Header pages, and also the Functions listbox in the Imports/Exports).
2. Mouse cursor over the whole FileInfo window have the "text edit" shape (thin vertical like), even when the cursor is above the tab headers or on the page Options. (Probably, it's what tbeu was talking about, but I didn't get what "mouse pointer instead of usual arrow pointer" meant.)
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Flint wrote:Probably, it's what tbeu was talking about
Yes, that's the point I meant. I also reported the font issues with x64 version.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

fg_2002fr, thanks, it works. :)
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Flint wrote:
fg_2002fr wrote:the size doubled, it is why I prefer the dynamic link to MFC library.
BTW, there was a bug in latest security patches to Visual Studio that caused statically-linked MFC applications grow in size drastically. MS fixed it for VS2008, but if you missed the update you could get code bloating because of it.
I think it is not a such case. Sizes of executables are greater than 1.5 MB with this bug.
fg_2002fr

Post by *fg_2002fr »

Hi all

I released a new version of fileinfo in x32 and x64 mode both included in the same zip file and both are now independent of external MFC dll.
x64 version resolves several bugs from the last beta :
- dll dependency are wrong
- fileinfo configuration file isn't saved

On both version
- if "fileinfo.ini" doesn't exist in the plugin directory, a new one is created by default in the same directory as wincmd.ini. the path of this configuration file is now shown in the option tab.
- On a x64 OS édition, if you are searching for missing functions in dependent DLLs, fileinfo fail to find some of them if you are using x64 version of fileinfo on a x32 executable or x32 version of fileinfo on a x64 executable.

Other fixes or changes:
- Added : display the number of imported/exported functions
- Changed : cadt.dll can now be put in fileinfo.wlx directory
- Changed fonts to tahoma in imports/Exports tab
- Fixed : Crash with unaspack plugin with some EXE
- Fixed : Crash in Dump Bound Import Descriptors
- Fixed : Crash in Dump Delayed Import section with Packed EXE
- Fixed : Crash in Dependency list with Packed EXE
- Fixed : test ptr out of bound in import section

Size is 670 KB
You can download it here:
http://physio-a.univ-tours.fr/tcplugins/wlx_fileinfo220.zip