(Out of Topic) Do we need a "OUT OF TOPIC" forum?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

I still disagree and still can't figure out why people judge something that will not change their ways - for those who doesn't want it, they simply can ignore it and never click on tavern forum. It reminds me on "icons in menus" problem where over hundreed messages were posted to underscore individual opinions or problems with icons, which are originaly ment to be solved with simple check box (even disabled by default, so haters don't even have to click to keep their favorite interface).

Same thing now, and same thing allover again. Am I the only one to see this pattern? This behavior can only be explained with this words: people like and want to talk with eachother (even if they don't sometimes) and they will find any stupid reason to post message in a fashion: yeaa.. I know icons will be disabled by default but I SAY that icons should not be there forever...

I must admit that I am disapointed. My guess is that people would solve some questions and differences in the tavern and leave TC forum without nonsense posts, OT posts or any other form of topic abuse. Because this forum has planty of such posts and thats way people are going to talk and talk forever about things like "should it be blue or yellow".

I found that recognition of TC like much better thing then Explorer by one, means acctually that the person started to see that some things can be done better, cooler and in much productive manner then by default. I found it is also true with TC power users cause those users will not stop on TC (I am able to think that this comunity is on very different level of computer usage then any other I was part of). Its obvious to me that this common spot should be materialised in a place that will not limit imagination.

OK people.
No point to continue. I was wrong about some things here...
Vansumsen
Power Member
Power Member

He wanted the TAVERN !

Post by *Vansumsen »

2 majkinetor
Just an idea : Change the title of your topic to "[OT] I wanted the TAVERN !"

Paul

Maxim : If what you have to say is not more beautiful than silence, hold you tongue.
Ouistiti, #11943

L'important n'est pas de convaincre, mais de donner à réfléchir.
The important thing is not to convince, but to incite to think.

Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

majkinetor wrote:I was wrong about some things here...
Just some? :twisted:
Hoecker sie sind raus!
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

@ Silvana
Just some?
You are right - I'll have to take into account your serious brain damage in the future. Thanks for the note.

@ Vansumen
Who the fu8ck are you ?
If what you have to say is not more beautiful than silence, hold you tongue
I see that your tongue is long enough. You can make me forget about the Tavern using very different approach. Gues which one ?
We are not doing this just for the money.
We are doing it for sh*t load of money.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
B@rndH

Post by *B@rndH »

majkinetor wrote:@ Silvana
Just some?
You are right - I'll have to take into account your serious brain damage in the future. Thanks for the note.

@ Vansumen
Who the fu8ck are you ?
If what you have to say is not more beautiful than silence, hold you tongue
I see that your tongue is long enough. You can make me forget about the Tavern using very different approach. Gues which one ?
Please refrain from insulting others. That's not the civilised way we should stick to when communicating here.
Thank you very much.
TotalFunction

Post by *TotalFunction »

Off-topic is SPAM.

2ct
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

@ B@rndH
Please refrain from insulting others. That's not the civilised way we should stick to when communicating here.
Really...
Did you start reading from uncivilised post ? Please rewind !

@ TotalFunction
Off-topic is SPAM.
Ofcourse.
Finally someone with pure logic. Something to expect from TotalFunction :)
We are not doing this just for the money.
We are doing it for sh*t load of money.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]majkinetor,

You would truly be a valuable member of our forum, if only you could behave more politely. Please stop being insultive to other members and adhere to the Forum rules.

You have already been advised to change your behavior, however, you failed to do so. Therefore, consider this an official warning. If you continue to behave in an impolite and offensive way, you will be banned.

In case you want to respond to this moderation, please do so by e-mail that you can send either to me or to Lefteous.

Thank you.
Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
JackFoo

OT - OT posts

Post by *JackFoo »

Yes, the title says it all, I think the percentage of OT posts/threads has reached a point where it'll be beneficial to open an OT sub-forum where all these posts should go (including this post).

While I'm on the topic, this forum already has 5 stickies AND 5 announcement and while I don't have anything against those in general, 10 post bogging the view at the top is a bit too much IMHO.

Cheers.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

WE WANT THE TAVERN :!: :lol:
Habemus majkam!
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

Hi JackFoo! :)
JackFoo wrote:Yes, the title says it all, I think the percentage of OT posts/threads has reached a point where it'll be beneficial to open an OT sub-forum where all these posts should go (including this post).
I don't agree with this point. Why?

- I think I wouldn't read an OT subforum if it ever exists (too much uninteresting stuff). :P
- The number of off-topic posts would increase.
JackFoo wrote:While I'm on the topic, this forum already has 5 stickies AND 5 announcement and while I don't have anything against those in general, 10 post bogging the view at the top is a bit too much IMHO.
I must say I agree. It's not something that bothers me too much, but I think this posts should be better organized.

I suggest sticking two threads, one for links to announcements and another for links to general sticky posts. When an sticky post or announcement is getting old (like TC 5.51a hotfix), the post should be "unstickyfied" :? and a link to that post should be made available in the announcement or general stickies thread.

My two cents... :roll:
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

JackFoo,
An OT subforum would mean many more topics for the author to read, thus costing time.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

An OT subforum would mean many more topics for the author to read, thus costing time
:shock:

:lol:
Habemus majkam!
JackFoo

Post by *JackFoo »

Hacker:
I don't see how, OT forum is exactly that, hence there is no need for Christian to read it, all the 'interesting' posts should be in the relevant forums and if a thread becomes 'interesting' a MOD (you) can move it.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against OT threads they are good for the community, but as they are now they 'pollute'.

Cheers.
SQUIRE

Post by *SQUIRE »

JackFoo wrote: hence there is no need for Christian to read it,
I don't think that is an option. I strongly suspect, especially these days, that Ghisler will be held legally liable and responsible for the content of his site.

---edit. So sorry! Wrong thread.
Last edited by SQUIRE on 2006-01-22, 16:08 UTC, edited 2 times in total.