FavMenu 2.0

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

1. wincmd.ini could be read-only;
2. many users want always start TC in the same configuration so wincmd.ini should be restored.
Well, may be next year SAVETABS command will be added.
1. you can remove readonly flag if so before sending the command
2. you can backup wincmd.ini and restore it after you read the tabs. I think there is command to find out which config TC is using, or it was only suggested by Flint, but if not, you can find the current TC config by first obtaining TC command line to serch for cmdline config overriride, then if it is not there, u can simply read the registry value, or if not there (portable TC?) then take the damn file from its folder.

Well, may be next year SAVETABS command will be added.
I suppose this command may be added for the same reasons the "save history" is added. You could ask for this feature ofc, but keep the post at 2nd and 4th day a week at the top or Mr. Ghisler a.k.a "I don't care what you think", a.k.a "and when I do care, I read only top 5 pots" will not read it at all. ;)
Habemus majkam!
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

Hmm... some demos of the upcoming version:

- default win colors
- black on white
- for kiddies
TC for Linux please!
Stitscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stitscher »

Hi, roentgen!
Which icon pack do you use?

TIA,
Stitscher
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

FM3 a8

- Editor.ahk : Icon support in treeview. Icon dialog. Editor is using 16x16 icons, so if you want to have good looking icons in both Favmenu and editor make sure your .ico files contain both 16x16 size, and size you use for the menu. The only other possible icon size option for TreeView in Editor is 32 but I think this is too big so I hardcoded 16. U can desable icons by setting EDITOR_SHOWICONS=0 in _TestParams. Screenshot

- Menu color and text default color (u can set them in _TestParams). Note the text default color, as text color will be per item property.

- MMenu - Added d parameter saying that item is using bold fonts. Soon, item option in FM3.

- Bugfix: shortcuted titles and overlaping > icon of submenus are fixed now.

PS: I am thinking about creating some form of skin file for FM3. The plan is skin file to change static icons for Configuration, ACD, TCF1&2, def menu color, def text color and icon size at once thus giving completely new look. What do you think about it ?

Download
Last edited by majkinetor ! on 2007-03-12, 12:51 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Habemus majkam!
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

2Stitscher
Which icon pack do you use?
Most of them are taken from http://www.iconarchive.com/
One of my favorites from there is Minium Pack.
TC for Linux please!
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

I have bunch of icons....

When FM3 is over I will make site for it at favmenu.r-moth.com.

I will put some FM3 good looking icon sets there as final version will be shiped without icons at all. In 2.0 i decided to ship with 12x12 icons as those are hard to find.
Habemus majkam!
Stitscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stitscher »

Thanks, roentgen!

...and thanks majki for the new version.

Stitscher
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Sorry ppl, but
- Bugfix: shortcuted titles and overlaping > icon of submenus are fixed now.
is not true. I just realised it is happening again for some menu types. I fixed it, this time for good (:?) so expect this in next version

I also tried to add backgrond image to the menu and I almost did it here but selection stoped to work afterwards.... well, not in FM3 at least :)
Habemus majkam!
neophite

Post by *neophite »

Thanks majkinetor for your script, it's really fine...
but FavMenu only works for the right [*] button if cm_separateTree1 is used, if i disable the treeview or use two trees, both [*] buttons work
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Hello neophite, thx for testing this alpha release.

I created TC hook on version 6.54 as I still don't use TC7. I will download TC7 as soon as I find the crack, and will try to fix this strange behavior :).

Thx

EDIT (5s after): OK, i fixed it. You will have in new version 8)
Habemus majkam!
neophite

Post by *neophite »

:P thanks..
hoppfrosch

Post by *hoppfrosch »

2 Questions/Problems with FavMenu 3 alpha x:

* My Icons (tested several formats) all show up with black background within FavMenu unless they have transparent background in all other applications (only the ACD.ico provided with FavMenu in the icons subdir has a transparent background ...)

* Using FavMenu in Totalcommander, the selection of an entry in FavMenu via RETURN-Key only affects the first panel of TC - unless the second TC-panel was activate, when FavMenu was activated. This effect occurs only with selection via RETURN-Key. Right-Mouse Clicking on the desired FavMenu-Entry affects the second TC-Panel, Left-Mouse Clicking affects the first TC-Panel ...

Any ideas?

Hoppfrosch
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

2hoppfrosch
My Icons (tested several formats) all show up with black background within FavMenu
The icons need to to be in "True Color+Alpha Channel" format. If the icons have embedded lower quality formats inside, FM (or windows itself) choses that.
I'd recommend IcoFX (free) for editing and investigating the formats inside such icons.

For the second issue, the behaviour may be altered in the file "_TestParams" - USEACTIVEPANEL := 1
TC for Linux please!
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

By default, Favmenu changes directory in active panel unless you clicked the [*] button when it changes appropriate panel. This relates to "USEACTIVEPANEL := 1" parameter

If you set this one to 0, left click will open it in left panel, right in right. The RETURN is handled the same as left click.

If you want to launch command associated with submenu item you will have to use right mouse button as LMB will open the submenu to show its items. This is currently the only way to launch submenu commands, keyboard alternative doesn't exist for now. Even more, there is no keyboard alternative for RMB even for non-submenu items.

Some things will be changed in near future, like FM3 apperiance in TC. You will have better control of what panel is affected and where Favmenu will be shown.

About the icons, roentgen told you already, and it's definitely OS specific. This is how Favmenu (MMenu) opens the icon:

Code: Select all

DllCall( "LoadImage" 
                     , "uint", 0              
                     , "str", pPath           ; icon path
                     , "uint", 2                ; IMAGE_ICON = 2
                     , "int", pSize            ; icon w
                     , "int", pSize            ; icon h
                     , "uint", 0x10 | 0x20)     ; LR_LOADFROMFILE | LR_TRANSPARENT
As you can see single OS function is in question. pSize is size of the icons you specified in the TestParams. pPath is path to an icon. OS chooses the best icon that matches given criteria from the icon file containing multiple versions of the same icon. If anybody knows some better way to do it, that will be more compromising about icon backgrounds, I am willing to change this. LR_TRANSPARENT is responsible for transparent backgrounds.
LR_LOADTRANSPARENT
Retrieves the color value of the first pixel in the image and replaces the corresponding entry in the color table with the default window color (COLOR_WINDOW). All pixels in the image that use that entry become the default window color. This value applies only to images that have corresponding color tables.
:arrow: Reference
Habemus majkam!
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

FM3 a9 (bugfix)

- Major update for MMenu (0.9 -> 1.0 b1). This doesn't reflect FM3 so far except for faster response from MMenu functions and more reliable communication. It makes many new options possible in FM3 and better dynamic menu control. First thing that will use this new MMenu interface is context menu: "Add curr dir above/bellow", "Delete", etc... probably in next version.

- Cutting titles bug should be fixed now

- Bug with hook and TC7 left [*] corrected

- Fixed ACD and EDITOR appearing at wrong positions. Changes to setup options for ACD, TCF and EDITOR are now displayed realtime.

- _TestParams file is now commented in detail

- Properties dialog has keyboard access working again (ctrl left/right or [<] [>] buttons )

- You can change to submenu item using "change item" in Properties, by clickin submenus with right button. This was not working previously.

NOTES:

- Due to the major update to MMenu module some bugs may appear previosly not existing. I hope this will not happen and so far, things are fine. However, keep that in mind.

- One bug may prevent Favmenu from working correctly until reloaded. The sign of new bug is that tooltip will be at 0,0 position. This happens only on reloading the FM3 either via Reload tray menu option or by using Editor which will automaticaly reload FM3 on exit. The only solution for now is to reload until tooltip is on right position again. The bug is random on reload and was present in all alpha versions so far. Due to its rarity you probably didn't see it and it seems that it affects only favmenu submenus which will not launch appropriate command afterwards.

- There is new ahk file in archive, _MMenuTest.ahk. Do not use it, it is for debuging purposes of MMenu module.

- We are almost at beta 1, so keep up the good testing :)

Download
Habemus majkam!