FavMenu 2.0

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

2majki
It would be great if you can extend the customizing to the customizing options in TC. See this list:
  • BackColor
  • ForeColor
  • MarkColor
  • CursorColor
  • CursorText
Then I can have the same stylesheet :) Now it kind of behaves funny. For example, this code C8FDFD gives me a yellow text color instead of light blue that it is. At least I think I need to use the HTML code or do I use the same values as in TC?

Regards,

RolandD
Registered user #92105
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

There will be color dialog to choose color, so don't worry about that, this is only for now until i create the gui for it. Maybe i even add color picker :D

Color format is now BGR. You can see that if you experiment with FF, FF00 and FF0000 colors.

PS: - one little bug detected. If you have mixed menus, some items with icons some without, menu will be higher then before. Its fixed for next version.
Habemus majkam!
Lev

Post by *Lev »

There is a serious error in Editor.ahk:
"Midrag" is written without letter "o".
Please fix it in the next version.
;)
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

That is by design. I tryed to save some bytes. :lol:
Habemus majkam!
Stevie1

Post by *Stevie1 »

lol, man this is such a cool tool now.
did i ask this already?:
will there be support for last used folders in the open/save dialog?

ah, another one, can we use the winkey as hotkey? it doesnt work here :(
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Hej Stevie1, it really makes my heart warmer when I see you are all so happy cuz of FM3. I put very much time in this.

As for your question about open/save dialog history, this is already requested by others. Currently, there are no plans to have O/S History, as FM3 doesn't see what you do in it. It only does actions on O/S dialog when you tell it to do, and is idle while you browse around. But there is plan to add TC History and that will probably be done (low priroity though)

About Winkey, you can set it up by manuely editing Config.ini. Set tcKey to LWin or RWin to use them solo. To use them in combination set #Key (#A for instance). There is documentation in Favmenu 2.0 that explains this.

When FM3 is in question, there will be longer pause until next relase that will be most probably be first beta. Things do work pretty well now and bugs that do exist are very rare and nothing that you can't fix with restarting FM3. There is alpha 10 already available that uses new technique to change folders in TC that makes it more reliable, and much faster (instant). However, me and roentgen did have hard time locating some weird bug that is totaly random and I rarely see it on several machines that I use with FM. I still don't know is it bug in TC, in FM3 or in Autohotkey, but the bigest probability is that i made some hard to catch sht while doing massive architectural changes of FM2.
Habemus majkam!
Stevie1

Post by *Stevie1 »

hey majkinetor,
majkinetor ! wrote:Hej Stevie1, it really makes my heart warmer when I see you are all so happy cuz of FM3. I put very much time in this.
I imagine! :)
As for your question about open/save dialog history, this is already requested by others. Currently, there are no plans to have O/S History, as FM3 doesn't see what you do in it. It only does actions on O/S dialog when you tell it to do, and is idle while you browse around. But there is plan to add TC History and that will probably be done (low priroity though)
i see, so this would end in a "hook" and poll the system all the time i guess?
About Winkey, you can set it up by manuely editing Config.ini. Set tcKey to LWin or RWin to use them solo. To use them in combination set #Key (#A for instance). There is documentation in Favmenu 2.0 that explains this.
ahh i missed that one! :)
When FM3 is in question, there will be longer pause until next relase that will be most probably be first beta. Things do work pretty well now and bugs that do exist are very rare and nothing that you can't fix with restarting FM3. There is alpha 10 already available that uses new technique to change folders in TC that makes it more reliable, and much faster (instant). However, me and roentgen did have hard time locating some weird bug that is totaly random and I rarely see it on several machines that I use with FM. I still don't know is it bug in TC, in FM3 or in Autohotkey, but the bigest probability is that i made some hard to catch sht while doing massive architectural changes of FM2.
i have to repeat myself, but favmenu is really some marvelous piece of software, thanks for that again :)
btw, is there a place where we can get the newest versions?

regards,

stevie
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

so this would end in a "hook" and poll the system all the time i guess?
Exactly. For the same reason I didn't do visual indication on affected dialogs. Like, you open OpenSave and little button appear in its title. For that, constant checking must be done in AutoHotKey (using timer). In C i can put different kind of hook, that is not working like "is it there? no.. is it there , no... is it there.. " but more like "Its there, do the job" so I am thinking of creating FM3 launcher, a small and light executable that sole purpose will be to visualy present Favmenu in dialogs it extends via button or something. But first, I must make FM3 do its work correctly. As FM is totaly idle while not using it directly, this will make this duo resource friendly.
btw, is there a place where we can get the newest versions
When alpha phase is finished, Fm beta version will be in topic title and download on first post. While, alpha, I will post only here. When final is released, fumenu will have its site located at my homepage, probably Favmenu.r-moth.com. AUtomatic updates are on to do list and will certanly be added for final release
Thx
Habemus majkam!
Stevie1

Post by *Stevie1 »

very cool :)

btw, why do icons look so aliased?
although they contain 16 and 24 pixel.
i changed the icon res in test_params to 16 and 24 but it still looks a bit ugly and unclear.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

The link bellow contains some info about icons.See also post below it.
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=116761#116761

Some icons do look good some don't. I think they need to be in some specific format to look really good
Habemus majkam!
Stevie1

Post by *Stevie1 »

i think if you would support PNG, all problems were gone.
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

Hey Majki,

Another feature request :) A third option with an entry that will open a folder in a new tab rather than an open tab.

Regards,

RolandD
Registered user #92105
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Isn't that the job of the SHIFT + ENTER now ?
Habemus majkam!
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

True, true, but it would make shortkeys quite obsolete. Let's say I have a submenu with 10 items and I need the 4th item. Then I would press the shortkey for that menu, then 3 times down arrow then shift+enter rather then shortkey for the menu then shortkey for the menuitem :)

Please :roll:
Registered user #92105
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

But it works here with shift like i said :)

U do, shortcut for the submenu then shift + shortcut for the item :)
Habemus majkam!