<AddOn> Update: MultiCopy to TAB v5.8/25 Sep 2010

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

eitang

Post by *eitang »

Boofo,

>> it means he is speaking "at Eitan". Like the "2Eitan"

Thank you, never saw that on other forums! Not that I am a very big forum goer... You can see that I am still "Junior" here, despite the fact I know Christian since before Internet <G>

Balderstrom,

>> I have found "@" is a cleaner way to talk "TO" someone

What's wrong, or unusual, with stating the names as I am doing, for example, in this post?

>> constantly quoting each other (and sometimes the whole post)

I understand that. I always try to quote the strict minimum. (this is a habbit since Compuserve and 2400 bps <G> [and not *grin* <g>])...

>> 2Username, seems more common here

Also unknown to me.

Thanks both of you for the explanations.
Best Wishes,

Eitan Gilboa (License #: 17011)
URL: https://eitang.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2eitang

You're very welcome. ;)

I still remember using the @ from my old BBS days (it was 300 Baud back in the beginning then) so it has been around for quite a while.
chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

How do I un-overwrite all my data?

User of Total Commander
#60471 Single user license
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

eitang wrote:Balderstrom,
>> I have found "@" is a cleaner way to talk "TO" someone
What's wrong, or unusual, with stating the names as I am doing, for example, in this post?
I don't think there's anything wrong with any of the three ways of referencing to someone. The difference is primarily conceptual or contextual.

@Someone :: is more of a coder mindset and forces interpretation of the meaning to the beginning of the 'string': "AT|TO|2 Name", Whereas,

Someone, :: is more linguistic, and how you might word a Formal Letter, and leaves the mind to interpret the meaning to the END of the 'string'. Also it requires the brain to do two steps: (1) Recognize that Someone is a name and (2) that the comma means the writer is talking to said person.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Balderstrom wrote:Also it requires the brain to do two steps: (1) Recognize that Someone is a name and (2) that the comma means the writer is talking to said person.
I'm still trying to learn how to tie my shoe laces (which are actually velcro straps), so you know how far I would get with the above idea.

User of Total Commander
eitang

Post by *eitang »

@Balderstrom: OK about 'nothing wrong'. The 2 steps are normal written communication customs and are not an insurmontable requirement, even from Boofo <G>.
Best Wishes,

eitang

Post by *eitang »

Hi all,

There's a newer version...

16.8.2009 : Version 5.2.0.0

-- Added configurable "Play a sound when finished" as well as a selection of a WAV file (if wanted)

Download Latest (v5.2.0.0) CopyToTabs
Best Wishes,

Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

Cool 8) stuff eitang.

[OT]
RE: Editors, I'll just make one last note, The ones that have survived my recent OS Failure and reinstall:
TED NotePad -> Notepad.exe replacement
NotePad++, NotePad2, and RJ TextEd.
RJ TextEd is an absolute beast when it comes to system resources 30Meg+ of RAM. But it does almost exactly what I want, which is customization on par with Total Commander, and easy way to write a custom Syntax Highlighter that actually works. None of the Scintilla variants can do that: a custom highlighter will break any number of features that the built-in highlighters support.
RJ TextEd also has a slew of other features which make it more of an IDE than merely a plain text editor.
[/OT]
eitang

Post by *eitang »

Balderstrom,

thanks for the kind words...

>> RJ TextEd

I'll look it up and maybe give it a try. A propos IDE, all "big" editors claim that they can replace any IDE successfully... Especially SlickEdit and UEStudio....

BTW, how much time do you spend with a text editor these days that it is so important to you?

I use the Delphi IDE except for big editing needs (rare) and the rest of the time it is a matter of the INI file etc. Not much time, really.
Best Wishes,

Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

These days, a lot more than I used to, since I started using AHK for more than just mouse/keyboard hotkeys and learning some of the underlying Windows architechture. I generally just used MetaPad for LPC and general note taking - but it kept having unicode issues. I found NotePad2 - and then started retrying all the editors I had downloaded over the years, and looking for others while I was at it.

This fall (or winter semester) depending on if my visa clears in time will be going back to school for computer science. So will be in a text editor even more so.
eitang

Post by *eitang »

Balderstrom,

>> These days, a lot more than I used to

Interesting.

I used to use a lot of programmable "macro" programs, and, as I said before, "programmable" editors. Macro stuff including AHK, Macro Expert, Macro Recorder, but mainly WinBatch.

With time I stopped using them because my PC occupations have reduced to Delphi and dBase programming, Photo editing and internet...
Best Wishes,

eitang

Post by *eitang »

Hi all,

19.8.2009 : Version 5.5.0.0

-- Added possibility to also copy FOLDERS, with 4 copy options (Skip, Replace, Replace if more recent, ask). With Ask, you have "Yes for All" and "No for All". The folders copy integrates just as well with TC. See Help text.
-- Added "Brute Force" option about "Create if Needed" folders no questions asked.
-- Improved and updated the Help Text
-- Added a FIND dialog to the text as it became long...

Download Latest (v5.5.0.0) CopyToTabs
Best Wishes,

karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Red Alert:

Malware infection strongly suspected, cf. here, please.

For background information cf Virus infects development environment
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2karlchen
What are you using? I got no such warning at all.

User of Total Commander
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hi, Boofo.

Follow the first link, please. Kaspersky Online File Scanner at the moment. You may upload files to Virustotal as well.
By the way, my Symantec here does not complain, either. Yet, they are almost always a day or two slower than the Russian guys and some other AV producers.

The point is that - follow the second link - Delphi developers (Delphi v4 and higher) may be unknowingly distributing an infected Delphi unit inside everything they compile and link.

No need to panic, but a good reason
+ to update the AV definition files and do a full system scan
+ to upload any download to Virustotal first in the near future

Kind regards,
Karl
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2karlchen,

I followed the links and from what I read it is non-destructive at present, which means the files that show it should be OK, anyway, as long as Delphi gets the proper update.

I don't put a lot of stock in Kaspersky as they have their share of false positives. I figure since the story about this is out now that Symantec will look into it and update the definitions if need be.

User of Total Commander