VisualDirSize

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Danish translation of Dirsize 1.1 beta1 kan now be downloaded at: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/dirsize11b1_danish.zip
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
kajoj1

Post by *kajoj1 »

@djorge
@cptpicard
Thank you for using my plugin :)
Do you plan to publish it at totalcmd.net ?
Probably when I release stable version 1.1.

@petermad
Danish translation of Dirsize 1.1 beta1 kan now be downloaded at
Thank you :)

Already I received translations:
-Danish
-Dutch
-French
-Russian (two different :wink: )

Waiting for others..
nevidimka

Post by *nevidimka »

2kajoj1
Thank you for this nice plugin. :D
Waiting for others..
German from me here (encoding: UUE) . :D :P
Edit: some corrections

Code: Select all

begin 644 DEUTSCH.ZIP
M4$L#!!0``@`(`,QJ(C,;7ZY)F@$``+H"```+````1$555%-#2"Y,3D=E4LMN
MVS`0O!/@/[`?$"-Q7+<-P$/L.@\43@+80(H&.:RL#;4PM3(HJC'\L[WD&W+N
MDE8:(SUR9F>U,Z.'.1`_:G5LOT-$0C;$6IW82VRACBZ\_L$SK8;V-I2,P5!K
M/&(8#`9:G;Z!R+%Z\=%P%TR_)0^,[`5R&V5BUYFU1^)/6GVV,V*/;9XQ$XH1
MS3.$B(D<VPER%W<8H`C=JC(%4FT.!%I]L1/P:^22P`6H:ZV^VF63]._(-[L0
MA#!T[`R#[+E,1L37\7_,#=2).+&_D!SN[W?]]+`'[T*S$Y."G/9(LKIW+^#(
MWF"'_9'RSA;%M_?RE8R,#[=+QAV7_^1:/4P;?B*76YB%=E7)+E&V!?DR=3';
M2H:,YGK5\-&$"D]-K'"=>[DB%M*)G_()0H&IEB5N8_\8'?I])C3WQ#_O4@O7
M]6;/H%E.CSX</+87HO_=!`\.4^9SV)H$Q893X'/B]Z>D_1(C.='FA*]D#[DU
M4LRY+C9(8BEP#O1C>9)H#5NJP:/9<\`[J/Q9SG6Q"=(1YDQO?^0@SXO\9VCU
M%U!+`0(4`!0``@`(`,QJ(C,;7ZY)F@$``+H"```+````````````(```````
C``!$15544T-(+DQ.1U!+!08``````0`!`#D```##`0``````
`
end
sum -r/size 20576/530

An old plugin-problem: location of dirsize.ini. How about of realizing it in this suggested way? (for reasons see plz discussion above this postings) In the case that dirsize.ini ist not writeable your plugin will crash with Access violation at address 01943EED in module 'dirsize.wlx'. Read of address 00000007. :roll:
Last edited by nevidimka on 2005-09-02, 11:24 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance. Benjamin Franklin
kajoj1

Post by *kajoj1 »

@nevidimka
German from me here (encoding: UUE)
Thank you. :)
An old plugin-problem: location of dirsize.ini. How about of realizing it in this suggested way? (for reasons see plz discussion above this postings) In the case that dirsize.ini ist not writeable your plugin will crash with Access violation at address 01943EED in module 'dirsize.wlx'. Read of address 00000007.
I could do the same as in ShellDetails plugin.
Where do you want dirsize.ini saved by default? Same directory as Wincmd.ini or plugin directory?
nevidimka

Post by *nevidimka »

Same directory as Wincmd.ini or plugin directory?
I prefer wincmd.ini folder - like ShellDetails does too. :D :P

BTW: I did some corrections of my quick translation. :oops: See posting above. :)
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance. Benjamin Franklin
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Same directory as Wincmd.ini or plugin directory
Plugin directory - definitely :!: - but as long as the plugin will at least use an .ini file from its own directory I am satisfied :-)
Last edited by petermad on 2005-09-02, 22:27 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Calvin

Post by *Calvin »

petermad wrote:Plugin directory - definitely :!:
Support += 1;
Calvin

-----------------
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
gbo

Post by *gbo »

kajoj1 wrote:I'll try to add this option in DirSize 1.2
Concerning this possible future option : Grouped by extension, I just thought that the following Mover plugin code source made by franck8244 could perhaps help you do implement this new feature.

Mover is a plugin to help the user to "separate files"
-Separate per date
-Separate per type -> plugin will create folder with extension of the file
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Where do you want dirsize.ini saved by default? Same directory as Wincmd.ini or plugin directory?
By default it should save the initial dirsize.ini-file in wincmd.ini-directory (only in the case that no dirsize.ini will be found at start). Reason: the probability of a writeable dirsize.ini is there higher than in plugin-directory. In usual cases wincmd.ini-directory is always writeable - thats not true for plugin-directory e.g. in a neat WinXP-environments there are no write-rights for common users in "Program files"-directory and all its subdirectories, where the plugin directory should be located too.
kajoj1

Post by *kajoj1 »

I agree with norfie:
By default it should save the initial dirsize.ini-file in wincmd.ini-directory (only in the case that no dirsize.ini will be found at start). Reason: the probability of a writeable dirsize.ini is there higher than in plugin-directory. In usual cases wincmd.ini-directory is always writeable - thats not true for plugin-directory e.g. in a neat WinXP-environments there are no write-rights for common users in "Program files"-directory and all its subdirectories, where the plugin directory should be located too.
I already implemented this like in Shelldetails plugin.
Dirsize.ini will be saved in the same directory as wincmd.ini.
If you don't like this location you can simply move the file to one of the following destinations:
- In a subdirectory called DirSize relative to the directory where wincmd.ini is located
- Plugin directory
- Total Commander directory

@gbo
I just thought that the following Mover plugin code source made by franck8244 could perhaps help you do implement this new feature.
Thanks, but it's not necessary. I already started coding myself this feature :)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2kajoj1
I already implemented this like in Shelldetails plugin.
Dirsize.ini will be saved in the same directory as wincmd.ini.
If you don't like this location you can simply move the file to one of the following destinations:
- In a subdirectory called DirSize relative to the directory where wincmd.ini is located
- Plugin directory
- Total Commander directory
It's good to hear that more and more plugins finally follow my approach. :)

As you possible know there is another plugin called "DirSizeCalc". DirSizeCalc is a content plugin. However the plugin names sound confusably similar. Any ideas?

BTW: Surprisingly DirSizeCalc also uses this way for retrieving the plugin settings location. :wink:
DirSizeSize (ShellDetails not yet) contains an extension to this approach. Instead of storing the INI file as file in the plugin archive the INI file is contained in the plugin as a resource. The advantages are:
1) It's always possible to recreate the INI file even if the user has deleted the file without reinstalling the plugin.
2) An INI file in the plugin directory can be unmoveable (unsufficient permissions).
The next step would be to add only new default settings on a plugin update. Currently an existing file will not be updated.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

Lefteous wrote: As you possible know there is another plugin called "DirSizeCalc". DirSizeCalc is a content plugin. However the plugin names sound confusably similar. Any ideas?
Although I find it not too puzzling to distinguish both plugins especially as they are different kind (content-Lister) of plugins:
What do you think of DirSizeGraph?

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
kajoj1

Post by *kajoj1 »

@Lefteous
As you possible know there is another plugin called "DirSizeCalc". DirSizeCalc is a content plugin. However the plugin names sound confusably similar. Any ideas?
Well, I understand that similarity of plugins’ names might be confusing. In addition, I know that your plugin was released first.
So I could change my plugin name, but I don’t want to change it completely because my plugin users might feel disoriented.
My proposal is “DirectorySize” instead “DirSize”. In my opinion it’s quite different from “DirSizeCalc”.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2kajoj1
DirSize is just an abbreviation of Directory Size. I think DirSizeGraph sounds really good (thanks to Sheepdog). It indicates that values are shown in graphs.

My idea for this plugin to display numeric user-chosen values from Content plugins and display them as graphs. This would we a generic approach...
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Yes, DirSizeGraph sounds much better.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl