DirSizeCalc 2.22 (content plugin)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: Hacker, petermad, Stefan2, white

icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

The default INI resource needs to be updated.

I am rather confused with the new junction options. Where is the equivalent for SubFollowReparsePoints and what section I need to change when I want to change the default for [=dirsizecalc.Size (Background).B]?
I also tried to set FollowJunctionPoints=0 in section [CustomUnitConfig_All_Dims] and [Default_CustomUnitConfig] which has no effect.

Maybe I am still too drunk, who knows... ;)

Edit: It works with your example [CustomFieldConfig_Size (No Junctions)] but I can't find a way to stop calculating junction sizes for sub directories.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2icfu
The default INI resource needs to be updated.
Sure but as you know I'm planning a user interface for the options. The default ini resource will be removed.
I am rather confused with the new junction options. Where is the equivalent for SubFollowReparsePoints and what section I need to change when I want to change the default for [=dirsizecalc.Size (Background).B]?
I also tried to set FollowJunctionPoints=0 in section [CustomUnitConfig_All_Dims] and [Default_CustomUnitConfig] which has no effect.

Maybe I am still too drunk, who knows... Wink

Edit: It works with your example [CustomFieldConfig_Size (No Junctions)] but I can't find a way to stop calculating junction sizes for sub directories.
The new "not follow reparse points" options are of course field- not unit-specific. There is no longer a distinction between not following reparse points on the first directory level and levels below. There is just on or off now so if a subdirectory in the current view is a junction point and FollowJunctionPoints is set to 0 the expected result is "F 0".
They can be used only in custom fields. I thought about making some of the field-specific options available also for the default fields but I'm still not sure about that. I could also drop either the default background or on demand fields but then the user would have to add a custom field for an option which was available out of the box before.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

The new "not follow reparse points" options are of course field- not unit-specific.
Ok, I had also tried to create a section [CustomFieldConfig_Size (Background)] and to change [Default_CustomUnitConfig] but it didn't work. This is why I mentioned the INI resource. I have no clue what sections are in effect and which are not.
There is no longer a distinction between not following reparse points on the first directory level and levels below.
It's great that there are now new field specific settings, but dropping those features which worked before without an alternative is not a good idea. The ability to not calculate junction sizes in sub directories is too important for me, so I would have to stick with Beta 5 then.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

a section [CustomFieldConfig_Size (Background)]
This leads to the same name as a standard field. Field names must be unique.
I have no clue what sections are still in effect and which are not.
The only section which has no effect anymore is "Reparse Points".
The ability to not calculate junction sizes in sub directories is too important for me
I'm quite surprised that this really made sense for you. Most users had been confused by this distinction.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

This leads to the same name as a standard field.
Exactly, these names should be reserved and change the defaults.
The only section which has no effect anymore is "Reparse Points".
Ok.
I'm quite surprised that this really made sense for you. Most users had been confused by this distinction.
I had mentioned it several times, in this thread and also by ICQ.

TopFollowReparsePointsBackground=3 and SubFollowReparsePointsBackground=0 have been my default for ages, until you have exchanged their effect to the exact opposite.
Most users had been confused by this distinction.
Well, this should be no reason to remove it. Confused users should learn and inform themselves, not cause a drop of features.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

change the defaults
Here are the pros and cons as I see them:
+ users who don't like the default settings will have to create a lot of custom fields.
- Standard field names won't reflect the changed settings as they cannot be renamed. If they would be renameable localization wouldn't be possible anymore.

I will try to find an acceptable solution for "not follow reparse points".
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

As there has been not so many positive comments on BETA 6 I have decided to release another version before starting the graphical configuration interface.

List of changes in Version 2.00 BETA 7:
  • FIXED UseLangDefaultThousandSeparator and UseLangDefaultDecimalSeparator only worked when defined in default unit.
  • ADDED FollowJunctionPoints and FollowMountPoints can be set to 2 to follow reparse points but not in subdirectories.
  • ADDED New field-specific setting UseCache (0=Off, 1=on).
  • ADDED Allow caching for fields where Recursive was set to 0.
  • ADDED There is now a new section called "Default_FieldConfig" which can be used to change the behavior of the standard fields. It also serves as a template for custom fields.
  • CHANGED There are no longer "on demand" fields by default. All standard fields are background fields. By changing the default field settings they can be changed to "on demand" fields at once. If you need "on demand" and "background" variants of one fields you need to create a custom field. The new field names are shorter but of course all existing field definitions must be updated by the user.
  • CHANGED Some tokens in the language file have been changed. F changed to NF which stands for "not followed". D changed to AD which stands for "access denied".
  • FIXED Compressed file size showed invalid values for some inaccesible files (for example pagefile.sys).
  • FIXED Now 100.0 is displayed in the compression ratio field if compressed file size couldn't be retrieved because of inaccesible files.
  • CHANGED SizeDisplayType is no longer a global setting. It can be changed in the "Default_CustomUnitConfig" section. If the user has chosen 1 (binary or 2 (decimal) it can be overridden in a custom unit to allow decimal and binary calculation side by side.
  • ADDED WantPrefix (0=off, 1=on) can be used to disable displaying of unit prefixes. Will only be considered if other the unit settings make sure that only one size dimension is displayed. This could be for example AllowedUnits=4 and MinFileSizeK=0.
  • ADDED Standard fields can now be customized. The settings are stored just like custom field section. The section name have a FieldConfig prefix which is followed by the standard field name. A valid section name is "FieldConfig_Size". This is always the English name not the translated.
  • Default ini file is no longer created when making a fresh install. It will be removed completely in alater version.
Here are some ini file values which you can use as a template for testing the new version:

Code: Select all

[CustomFieldConfig_NoJunc]
Field=0
CalcMode=0
FollowJunctionPoints=0
FollowMointPoints=0
Recursive=1

[Default_FieldConfig]
Field=0
CalcMode=0
FollowJunctionPoints=2
FollowMointPoints=2
Recursive=1

[FieldConfig_Size]
CalcMode=1

[CustomFieldConfig_Size (no junctions)]
FollowJunctionPoints=2
FollowMointPoints=0

[CustomFieldConfig_File Count (no subdirs)]
Field=4
Recursive=0
UseCache=0
Download DirSizeCalc 2.00 BETA 7 (Totalcmd.net Server)

Download DirSizeCalc 2.00 BETA 7 (my own website)
Last edited by Lefteous on 2008-01-07, 23:38 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

I've just added [CustomFieldConfig_File Count (no subdirs)] section to my ini file. Every folder since now has always two more files that it should (I've checked for hidden ones to be sure).

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="dsc_conf.zip"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="dsc_conf.zip"
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"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2fenix_productions
Thanks for your report. I have to confirm this problem. It will be fixed in the next version.
theosdikaios

Post by *theosdikaios »

2Version 2.00 BETA 7: it doesn't work for me. Nothing will be shown.

TC's autoinstallation was used to install Beta 7 (Beta 6 before).

Custom column

Widths2=80,30,-40,-40,-30,-35,-35
Headers2=Size\nCompressed Size\nRatio\n#Folders\n#Files 
Contents2=[=dirsizecalc.Size (Background).All_Dims]\n
[=dirsizecalc.Compressed size (Background).All_Dims]\n
[=dirsizecalc.Compression Ratio (Background)]\n
[=dirsizecalc.Directory Count (Background)]\n
[=dirsizecalc.File Count (Background)]
Beta 6 works fine.
"Since there are many things which have never happened and never will happen,
and which nevertheless are clearly conceivable, and imply no contradiction,
how can one say they are absolutely impossible?" Leibniz
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

You have to remove " (Background)". Read the changelog from Beta 7...

Icfu
This account is for sale
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

SizeDisplayType setting seems to have no effect, I always see IEC units:

[Default_CustomUnitConfig]
AllowedUnits=15
SizeDisplayType=2

[CustomUnitConfig_All_Dims]
Icfu
This account is for sale
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2icfu
Thanks for your report. I have to confirm this problem. It will be fixed in the next version.
theosdikaios

Post by *theosdikaios »

You have to remove " (Background)"
That works. Thanks. :)
"Since there are many things which have never happened and never will happen,
and which nevertheless are clearly conceivable, and imply no contradiction,
how can one say they are absolutely impossible?" Leibniz
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

There are a few more bugfixes in beta 8. The package contains a first version of the graphical configuration tool.

List of changes in Version 2.00 BETA 8:
  • FIXED Non resursive field "File Count" showed up to 2 files too much.
  • FIXED Didn't distinguish between recursive and non-recursive fields while caching displayed same values for different fields.
  • FIXED New unit-specific behavior of SizeDisplayType didn't work at all.
  • ADDED Graphical configuration tool "DirSizeCalc settings".
Any comments are welcome but please note the list of known issues before posting:

- Just managing fields work.
- No unit managing.
- No way to change the location of DirSizeCalc.ini.
- No localization available.
- Explanation text for selected field just for the default field.
- No accurate window positioning.
- No proper handling of empty field and unit names.
- Controls not yet positioned precisely accurate.
- No apply button support. You have to click OK to save the changed settings persistently.

Technical help request:
I tried to center the main dialog but failed so far. It's property sheets dialog. I'm currently setting the DS_CENTER flag in the style member of the dialog template. Unfortunately it doesn't work although this solution can be found all over the web. If you know how to achieve this please let me know.

Please backup your existing DirSizeCalc.ini before using the configuration tool. It currently deletes all currently defined unit settings.

Download DirSizeCalc 2.00 BETA 8 (Totalcmd.net Server)

Download DirSizeCalc 2.00 BETA 8 (my own website)
Last edited by Lefteous on 2008-01-29, 17:10 UTC, edited 1 time in total.