ShellDetails 1.26 (Content plug-in)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

inyssen

Icon Overlay for Tortoise CVS

Post by *inyssen »

Thanks for the plugin! I got the CVS columns working but the icon overlay does not work. What am I doing wrong?
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2inyssen
I got the CVS columns working but the icon overlay does not work. What am I doing wrong?
This is a setting in Total Commander:
In the Configuration dialog navigate to the "Display" page and activate the "Show overlay icons" setting.
inyssen

Post by *inyssen »

thanks a bunch!
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Lefteous wrote:About the incorrect date problem: I can say now that is definitely not an error in my plugin or in TC. The same error can be observed in Explorer! It's not so easy to find because the column Explorer does not display seconds. Example:
A file is displayed as
2004-03-17 20-27-00 (shelldetails.Geändert am)
2004-03-17 20-26-58 (tc.Aenderungsdatum)

You see the minute values are not the same.
Now I open Explorer. The file is displayed as:
17.03.2004 20:27 :x

The reason for this is the data structure used by Microsoft to store the date which is not thought to store such detailed date information.
tc.Anderungsdatum is the better choice here. I could write a hardcoded fix for this problem but what about other date values were I don't know how to retrieve it (a date from a shellextension for example). I will document this as a known limitation. Thank you for finding it.
I need clarification with this issue. I found, that TC, shelldetails and Explorer show ALL different seconds, see here an example:
http://img.tar.hu/sanskritfritz/img/11419565.gif#3
Picture 007.jpg has those known differences of 2 seconds, but then the Explorer has 1 second difference from both!!
Which one is correct now?
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2SanskritFritz
Which one is correct now?
The values displayed in the Property dialog are correct.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

The values displayed in the Property dialog are correct
This means, even TC gives wrong values? Why?
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2SanskritFritz
This means, even TC gives wrong values? Why?
tc.date seems to use a format which is unable to store every single second.
As far as I remember the example plugin doesn't has this problem.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

TC uses the date/time format used by the FAT(32) file system, which is accurate to 2 seconds only. Apparently the seconds are rounded up in one case, and down in the other...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
djorge

support for turtoiseSVN ?!?

Post by *djorge »

Hello,
i use Subversion instead of CVS. I also have the turtoiseSVN that is simmilar to turtoiseCVS. it adds a lot of new properties to versioned files. The problem is that i don't see these new properties in shelldetails.

Will you add support to turtoiseSVn in the future?
Personal License #117854
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2djorge
Have you already added a repository path to your ShellDetails.ini file as described in the readme file?
readme wrote:Directories for field search

Which fields are available for displaying differs from directory to directory. For this reason the plugin offers to set the directories where to search for fields. As an example the fields provided by the program TortoiseCVS are only available in directories which are under CVS control. If TortoiseCVS is used and the directory C:\MyProject is under CVS control you may add this line to your ShellDetails.ini configuration file:

[Directories]
Dir_1=C:\MyProject

It's not necessary to add an additional directory which contains the fields available in all directories. If no directory is set by the user ShellDetails will search for fields in the Windows directory.
djorge

Post by *djorge »

Lefteous wrote:2djorge
Have you already added a repository path to your ShellDetails.ini file as described in the readme file?
I have read now. And it works fine. Great!!
Personal License #117854
Ayabara

Can't find shelldetails.ini

Post by *Ayabara »

Hi.

I'm trying to install your plugin, but I have some problems. I added the shelldetails content plugin, but I can't find the shelldetails.ini file. When is this created? Do I have to do more to install the plugin than add it? Aren't plugins loaded when I restart tc?
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Ayabara
I'm trying to install your plugin, but I have some problems. I added the shelldetails content plugin, but I can't find the shelldetails.ini file. When is this created? Do I have to do more to install the plugin than add it? Aren't plugins loaded when I restart tc?
In the current version the ShellDetails.ini file is created when it first searches for fields. The fields search happens when when you try to add some fields to add a custom column view for example.
The file is placed in the the same directory as your main settings file (Wincmd.ini) by default.
A restart should no be required when you install it directly in Total Commander.
Ayabara

Post by *Ayabara »

Thanks for the fast reply :-)

I tried to configure a custom column view, where I added a shelldetails field to a column. After applying the changes, I still can't seem to locate shelldetails.ini.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Ayabara
After applying the changes, I still can't seem to locate shelldetails.ini.
When you have successfully added a field to a column the file has been created!
When you don't know where your Wincmd.ini is located press Help/About Total Commander in your Total Commander main menu. There you'll find the Wincmd.ini location. ShellDetails.ini is placed in the same directory.