Question about features

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Honk739

Question about features

Post by *Honk739 »

Hi
i'm using an MDA Pro with TC/CE. I have already mastered to use it with 2 windows horizontal. But 2 things keep bothering me.

1. Is it possible to save the positon of the columns in list mode? Whenever i restart TC the position is reseted and the space for filename is to small. I like to scroll down instead of left so "brief" is no option.

2. The MDA Pro has a VGA Monitor, Although TC shows only seven items in landscape mode. I found that reducing Font size increases this slightly. Is there a way to use real VGA for TC. Or just decrease the high of a row somehow?
I already know of VGA Tools for WM5 like OzVga but this keeps messing with other programms. I just want to run TC/Ce in VGA.

If this is all is not possible by now it may be features for future versions.
TC is a great tool i really like so keep up the good work.

MfG
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

1. Is it possible to save the positon of the columns in list mode? Whenever i restart TC the position is reseted and the space for filename is to small. I like to scroll down instead of left so "brief" is no option.
Yes, it can be saved via the menu item "adjust/sort tabs". It will only be saved if you change anything in this dialog, though.
2. The MDA Pro has a VGA Monitor, Although TC shows only seven items in landscape mode. I found that reducing Font size increases this slightly. Is there a way to use real VGA for TC. Or just decrease the high of a row somehow?
I already know of VGA Tools for WM5 like OzVga but this keeps messing with other programms. I just want to run TC/Ce in VGA.
These devices just have a higher resolution on a small screen, not a larger screen - therefore TC/CE doesn't show 4x the amount of data compared to a 320x240 screen, because it would be unreadable (very small).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Honk739

Post by *Honk739 »

I can't found this menu about "tabs". I have the TC/CE v 2.0 Handheld it is possible that this menu does not exist in this version?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Indeed it doesn't, sorry, just in the PocketPC and Phone versions.
myname70

Beam files (Send to..) using Bluetooth

Post by *myname70 »

If it is possible to Send/Beam files to Bluetooth? Now, there is possibility just to send them via e-mail and IR.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

myname70
It was discussed somewhere here. The problem is that BT is not unified in all PDAs but is produced by various companies (one of the most common is WIDCOMM). Each company has its own SDK for BT, and almost every SDK costs quite a large sum of money (only Microsoft's one is free, if I'm not mistaken). Buying such expensive SDKs is not suitable for free product like TC/CE...
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

TC/CE 2.5 will support send via Bluetooth for devices with the Microsoft stack. Many of the newer WM5 devices have this stack, so it's reasonable to add support for them.
blink

Post by *blink »

Hope TC/CE 2.5 will be released soon :D